PlayStation Is Tsw/tsw2020 Now Obsolete?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheCadManFan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I don't have TSW2 yet, but I was wondering how much of TSW/TSW202 is in TSW2. And in light of TSW2020, is there a reason to keep playing its predecessor?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

TSW 2020 is obsolete. You can still play it, but it’s unlikely to be updated going forward. TSW 2 is the main game now.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The real joke is dtg said they fixed the 2 different games tsw2020 and tsw2 so one wouldn't delete the others dlc and i just tried it and all my german dlc on tsw2 deleted when i redownloaed tsw2020 and just the german routes to test there so called fix.Does dtg understand what the word fix means?

• Like Like x 3
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s almost obsolete. Some of the content from it that has been brought over to TSW2 still works better in TSW2020. It may not stay that way when fixes come along for the preserved collection but for now, I’m spending almost as much time in TSW2020 as I am in TSW2.

All content from TSW2020 is being brought over (as preserved collection) except NEC route and its associated loco DLC but there are some still to come over. For driving on NEC route, TSW2020 is still going to be required, as that’s the only place it will be. For the rest of the content and any updates to it, TSW2 is the place to be. TSW2020 will get no more updates from now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheCadManFan

Also would my progress be carried over, or would I have to start over (re-do all of the services and scenarios which I have allready completed)?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Your progress will be lost unfortunately. TSW2 is a completely separate game, so your TSW1/2020 saves won't carry over.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Dammit, guess I’ll never get “cement circle” to pop in 2020.
    I know it’s fixed in TSW2 but still..
    My trophy collecting OCD might just drive me crazy

• Like Like x 1
  8. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Since Tsw2 release I haven't been on TSW2020, and was considering deleting to save space and because there has been talk of cross talk between the two games. Is it safe to do so though until all preserved collection has been ported over.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about deleting 2020 as well. I think it would be safe just not done it yet mainly incase I wanted to play it again. But I doubt I will because I have not touched it since TSW2 released, so maybe I will delete it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Is NEC worth nothing to you? You can delete all the others but NEC stays!
    It's such a shame DTG can't port it ...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Deleting TSW 2020 shouldn’t impact the preserved collection in TSW 2. If owned the DLC in TSW 2020 it’ll unlock in TSW 2. I deleted TSW 2020 on the day I bought TSW 2 and have never looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I don't why dtg can't do newer or redo some amtrak locomotives and passenger cars the NEC wouldn't be a big loss anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I still have TSW2020 installed until the last batch of preserved collection is ported over. Also, LIRR and RT have some audio issues in TSW2 which make them less fun, so are better in TSW2020 until fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheCadManFan

Good to know, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mikkel

Mikkel New Member

The game you bought brand new in 2020, called TSW2020 is indeed obsolete in... 2020. With other companies you can expect 3-4 years of support on newly published games, but that's Dovetail games for you.

Since the new Playstation and Xbox consoles are rolling off the production line as we speak, take a guess how long TSW2 will last you when you buy it...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Lenwigg

But at least the add on's that we purchase for TSW2020 can be used in TSW2. I don't have any other games that I have been able to do that with.

• Like Like x 2
  17. xblackwolf90

Plus, we should also remember that TSW2020 wasn't a brand new release. Anyone who previously had Train Sim World got the update to TSW2020 for free.

Adam did mention in a stream there was a potential for Miles Platting and Cement Circle fixes to be back ported to TSW2020, but this isn't 100% confirmed as happening until we hear otherwise.

Everything should continue as is, but no more routes for TSW 2020 :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

All of the preserved collection plays and runs better on 2020 than 2. Every single DLC for 2 has bugs, glitches and graphical artifacts that do not exist on 2020.

2020 is still the better product until 2 gets a ton of fixes and updates across the board.

• Like Like x 1
  19. xblackwolf90

Heads up: on the last Roadmap stream with Sam and Adam, Sam said he'd get a definitive answer as to whether those above mentioned bug fixes will also be released for TSW2020.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Mikkel

Mikkel New Member

You mean like NEC? Oh, wait, that one will not be preserved...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Lenwigg

Oh, sorry I forgot one, maybe because I did not use that one very much. But they have not ruled it out for the future

22. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

The TSW2 mess brought me back to TSW2020, and I still enjoy it, without those awful sound bugs, etc. The new TSW2 content is definitely poor and full of glitches, but nothing compared to the preserved content, a complete joke. Better to go back to TSW2020 if I wanna enjoy the german locos and ECW without sound bugs, the Baby Bullet without textures bugs, WSR without that broken interface, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing. I spent a relaxing late night session in MSB on TSW2020 last night not having to worry about major bugs getting in the way. I’m really getting into that route at the moment so I’m much more likely to fire up 2020 than 2 when I first play. I even tried a bit of PZB which I don’t normally do.

• Like Like x 2