The Catch Hi I Am Your New Community Manager

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG Clarkey, Oct 19, 2020.

1. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hello everyone I am Clarkey, the new community manager.

I am 27 and from London. I have been playing games for as long as I can remember and for the past 3 years I have been streaming over on Twitch & YouTube.

My aim is to make sure the development team hears your feedback whether it's positive or negative. I am also here to make sure that we are all having fun and that you all get the information you need.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Clarkey

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Hi and welcome.
    You won't have much to do as the game is dead. Devs and community have left.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

Hi Clarkey,

First and foremost, welcome to the board. I write/wrote the following on a separate app. I hope the formatting won't get messed up to much when copy pasting it.
    I think the biggest problem right now is the lack of communication that has been going on since at least the release of The Catch.

I suggested in a different thread to adopt a roadmap like for Train Sim World.
    It's an easy way to let people know what is currently worked on, both in terms of fixes/changes and upcoming content.
    In addition, there needs to be more feedback here on the forum. People have been posting about the game and it's problems as well as general questions and they were rewarded with complete silence.
    Someone posted a rickroll on one of the bug report subforums ages ago. Apparently no one felt the need to even look at that forum.
    I hope this is a problem of the past with you here now.

About the game:
    Currently, The Catch looks like it was designed to be a cash grab. None of the added features feel like they couldn't have been implemented in Fishing Sim World (in fact they're almost identical), there hasn't been any noteworthy bugfixing so far and the first addon lake is a copypaste of a lake that has already been released for fishing sim world.
    I generally like the gameplay of your fishing games but there is not enough emphasis on the Sim aspect. While I'm okay with not overcomplicating things, there is still a lot of things that need to be changed to even consider it a simulator.
    For example, you currently can catch pretty much any carp /coarse fish with any bait, line and almost all hooks. Same for predators and lures. Some of the presentations are ridiculously hard to do but on the other hand they don't matter any way. Constant reeling catches you anything anyway.

Most of the issues with the game or Dovetail's handling of it have been mentioned here on the forums. I suggest going through all of them and compile a list for the development team.

I sincerely hope that things will turn around for the game(s) from now on but for that to happen Dovetail will need to take the issues of the player base seriously and I reckon, for many people (including me), it will take quite a bit of effort to rebuild some trust.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stefan Kraus

Stefan Kraus New Member

Hello and welcome, I'm happy to hear from the game again, I loved Fishing Sim World and hope for a sequel. Especially for the new Xbox Series X / PS5 with better graphics. In addition, there could be news about how things will continue, there has been no more information for weeks, which disappoints many fans of the simulation. Please inform the followers via Twitter, Facebook or on your own website, otherwise no one will be interested the game

5. Stefan Kraus

Stefan Kraus New Member

Look to TSW, the communication is great

6. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Welcome

7. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Another community manager, they seem to collect them or collect 3 crisp packets and send them in.

8. zakmoonbeam

zakmoonbeam New Member

Or on the back of a cornflakes packet...

How about reassuring the community that this game isn't already abandoned and giving us one of those lovely looking "road maps" of things we can expect. Or just tell us at least that this is all we're getting...

Surely that's better than hiding the info and turning us all against DTG, because that's where it's going.

9. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Morning all, please note that there is a lot of internal conversation going on at the moment around our Fishing titles and we have some big tasks to tackle first. I want to give you a road map but this is something that cannot be done currently due to things out of my control. As a team, we are committed to providing you the best fishing game possible and we are taking steps to ensure that. The Fishing side of the Dovetail team is a small one, and we have a long list of things to work through. I can assure you that I am passing on all the feedback, and I am letting the team know what issues we have and what needs to be prioritised. Although it may not be obvious what we are working on internally, please know that these are essential things we need to address before we can go full steam ahead with fixes/DLC & updates.

• Like Like x 3