Pro Or No?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reef, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

RW Enhancer...

Is there a distinct advantage to buying the Pro version or is it just for those that like to tweak every little setting, basically I want my trains and bushes to look purty without faffing about with a plethora of sliders or values or however it works.

I'm all for fiddling with the Pro version if it is undisputedly better visually than the standard RW E version but I'm adverse to spending money if I wont see any real benefit from it..

2. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

It does not add a lot to the standard version but there was one particular additional slider that i really valued that made it expensively worthwhile for me. I cannot remember what it was. It may be best to check what exrtra control the pro version gives and see if there is enough to warrant the upgrade for you. I changed little from the default values. I do like to make TS the very best I can.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ok thank you peter for your input, still not really enough feedback to make a decision yet, even a Google search isn't that much help, so I'll try a different tack..
    If I purchase the regular RWE do you then get an option to upgrade just by spending the difference or would they expect you to pay the full €18.90?

4. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Reef
    From the website
    RW Enhancer Pro feature a brand new dynamic shaders compilation system that enable much more customization possibilities and new effects integration in the future. You can now adjust everything as you want, color saturation, glass and metal reflectivity, HDR exposure, fog density, image sharpness and tons of new parameters are waiting to be tweaked by your expert hands ! You can even do some funny things like a retro black and white / sepia look for example to drive on your heritage routes.

MAIN NEW FEATURES: (compared to the normal edition of RW Enhancer)

- New Shader compilation system
    - Tons of new parameters to tweak
    - New Community settings presets import/export system for sharing presets between RW Enhancer PRO users
    - Train Simulator Launcher system for easily launching Train Simulator (64 or 32 bit) directly from RW Enhancer PRO software
    - Enhanced shaders effects (sharper rendering, better colors management, better quality effects...)
    - And of course every features of the regular version of RW Enhancer are included

There was an upgrade option long ago - I don't see it now - why don't you email them and ask the question?

It was worth it for me over the standard edition, but I did buy it as an upgrade - at a low EU6.99.

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yeah I've read what's on their website I just wanted some forum members opinions too.

Yeah I may well do that Peter, I'd still like end users opinions though, this is my main TS portal I've tried UKTS forum but I can't seem to get off the damned pre-mod there, so this is where I try and glean info before I part with my hard earned. :)

6. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I was using SweetFX and Nvidia Inspector, tbh I wasn't overly impressed with the results I* achieved so ended up not bothering to re-install when I did a TS re-install to a new SSD a few months back, RWE caught my attention because it seems to focus on specifically on what is good for TS, if that's so then I don't minds spending money on it, I just want to make sure I'm getting the right version that's all.

* Note I said > I < achieve and not what the software achieved, I'm pretty sure it was me at fault and not the software as such.

8. mike370

mike370 Active Member

[At least for myself, since buying the basic RWE] there has always been the opportunity to upgrade to Pro at anytime should I wish - just paying the difference, rather than fully buying again. I'm pretty fussing with how my game looks, however, haven't personally felt the need to upgrade to Pro; I'm getting really nice results with the basic edition.

I have seen a friend's version of Pro, and there are a crazy large number of sliders. Whilst I can see nice to have the potential extra control, overall felt it was perhaps making things unnecessarily complicated. And that if not careful I'd potentially spend more time tweaking than actually playing the game! lol Anway, happily I've been very pleased (so far) with my simpler choice. :)

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

So was I... then I started using reshade... much better.

BTW.. using RW Enhancer Pro here. Well worth it, as you can control individual things like how specular lights behave at night etc... can't do that with the free one.

TBH the effects of RW Enhancer pro are quite subtle, but worth it. Fog depth, and glass reflections being the most noticeable effects.

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Thank you guys, that's really helpful info.

That makes me feel better knowing that Mike thanks, think I might see how I go with the regular version for now then and upgrade if the things Pookey mention become a noticeable issue to me.

Once again thank you all for your help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ok bit the bullet and bought the regular RWE.

Wow!.... Ok I was obviously expecting an improvement but not as dramatic a difference as I've got, why the hell didn't I buy this months ago!

Oh and confirmed, the upgrade to Pro is just the difference not the full price so I'll see how I get on and then consider upgrading in the future.

Very happy.

• Like Like x 2