Railfan Tv Mods.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jackmc2007, Oct 28, 2020.

1. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

Ok so, on last nights roadmap stream me and another person (who I shall not name) was asking a VALID question about being able to use the Sidings at Southall on the GWE when it comes over to TSW2. These sidings would be used for railtours by West Coast Railways. These would be ideal for use with the 33, 47 and 52. Anyway, my question was ignored and ignored. Eventually I got timed out and so did the other person. Other people who were spamming a load of rubbish were not timed out. In my eyes it’s a bit unjust. People who are asking a valid question get timed out and people who spam get absolutely nothing. Fecking Rubbish.

sorry for the rant but I wanted to get my point across, even though this thread will get locked.

Jack.

• Like Like x 3
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh boy where is my popcorn!
    Oh wait I've found it.
    I still have 10 bags :D

3. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

I agree dtg sort your mods out

4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

mean Hentis Rail on the another person? :D :D :D

5. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

Let me set this record straight. Firstly Jack you are incorrect unless you are stating that Hentis Rail is an alt account of yours. You was not timed out only warned about spamming the same question., As I stated to you during the stream, you both know better and not to keep doing it and then doing so after a second warning you only have yourselves to blame for your own actions.

Secondly if those on the live stream do not have an answer to your question, they will not answer it. This has been said several times on the streams. Repeatedly asking that question is not going to get it answered if there is no answer to give.

Thirdly, given the amount of questions that get asked on both Twitch and Youtube there is a very high chance it will get missed, spamming the same question is only going to add to that. You was answered in chat and told to wait and see when the route gets added into TSW2 and to post the same question on here on the forums. You still choose to continue asking and therefore you got the same action taken against that gets taken against anyone else that does the same. So kindly do not state that it's unfair on you when you yourself have seen the action taken against others

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Nope Hentis rail isn't an Alt account https://www.youtube.com/user/HentisD6569 (He has a youtube channel) Just wanted to say that :D
    But this thread is getting entertaining

7. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

So say if I spammer came along with their nazi propaganda rubbish would you equally time them out over a valid question?

• Like Like x 1
  8. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

Yes, though not sure why you feel the need to add the nazi propaganda part, because that in itself is ban able and reporting to youtube territory, and we've deallt with spam bots of that kind several times

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Hi JP no mine (hentis rail account) and jacks account are two totally separate accounts by two completely different people.
    I'm ok with being timed out and yes you did warn me. But my question is inpostednthenquestion after sam asked the any more questions. Yes you are right there are people asking loads of questions via twitch and YT. But it seemed unfair to time me out after sam asked any more questions....... but hey ho what more can you do.

Hentis

10. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Just get your entitlement on a healthy level. Only because you say you have a valid/important question does not mean it is one, has to be answered or will be answered. And that is not even accounting for that the question just being missed in the scrolling chats.

How is that such big of an issue to call out the mods and the stream hosts, and now even bringing nazi propaganda into the mix? Come off it.

11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey Jack, sorry to see your question didn't get noticed on stream, sometimes it can be a case of the chat scrolling quite quickly that results in it being missed.

If you let me know what your question was I will do my best to get you an answer.

Let's try not to get too heated in here please and remain friendly.

12. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

I’m one of the silent ones who enjoys watching the streams and hardly ever pluck up the courage to ask a question.

A few streams ago I did ask a question of when there will be an Xbox sale? (Keeps getting asked on the forums)

The reason for my question is that I have several pounds (and even more hours of time!) invested in DTG software on Xbox, but have just recently got a PC and was looking to evaluate the best route for my future train sim requirements!

(You can imagine how annoyed i would be if a Xbox sale suddenly popped up just after I had invested In PC!)

On the stream, I instantly got a response from the mod (jp 4468) telling me to speak to Microsoft!!!!!

DTG have gone to great lengths to improve there interaction with the community which I think is a massive step forward.

However , that response I got from jp 4468 made me think again about spending anymore money with DTG if that is how they treat there customers.

I hope DTG do review there MODs behaviour, while I appreciate MODS are there to police the chat, not everyone is a spammer, and I was left in no doubt that I shouldn’t of asked a question.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  13. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Basicly the question was about whether we could have paths set up use the sidings at Southall on the Great Western Express Route (when its released) between Southall and Paddington and Southall and Reading. As Southall is home to West Coast Railways and alot of "railtour" traffic for the south of england use the Southall site for West Coast Railways.

Anyhow Sam did reply with he didnt know if they were just scenerary assets or were accesible. So if you could find out then it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hentis & Jack MC.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The thing is with the question that has caused all of this is that you could just wait until it comes out and see if the sidings are accessible. Getting the question answered isn’t going to change anything. It would have been nice for you to get an answer on the stream but what can you really do with that information before it is released? Nothing. It’s not like if the answer is no you have any chance of persuading them to change their mind before release. It’s made a big issue out of a nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  15. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Me thinks it says volumes about the original poster of this thread, if not having one simple question answered makes them build a whopping mountain out of it, well that's my take from this saga......

• Like Like x 1
  16. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

You asked a question and you got answered. Microsoft control when sales happen on their platform and DTG have to work around that. Sorry if you don't like that, but that's how it is. We don't always have to time to give everyone an in depth answer in chat during the streams, If we did even us mods would not be able to answer everyone. So as you asked when will sales happen on Xbox and like I just explained you are best to ask Microsoft about when sales are going to happen on their store. This is also why we often ask people to post questions on here on the forums so that people have much more time to see them and give you an answer.

With regards to switching to playing on the PC you'll find that sales on Steam and Dovetail's on store happen alot more frequently that what seams to happen with Microsoft and their store.

17. westcastlerail

@jp 4468 thank you for your response ... although I am disappointed you still decide to be defensive and confrontational with you response.

The basic tone of your responses in this thread (and a few other threads where concerns have been raised about various MOD replies), seems to be, you asked a question, you got an answer, if you don’t like it ....tough!

My question most definitely was not answered.

(Either in the Stream or on this forum, where the Xbox sale thread has been running since April, and has not been replied to by DTG).

You surely realise that the question have been asked on a DTG stream, hosted by DTG representatives, about a DTG product, that is sold on Xbox in the DTG store , and in the DTG game. (Hence very little to do with Microsoft).

I would suggest you consider at how DTG Natster responded to the original question on this thread... I believe in customer service circles ... it’s called turning a negative into a positive!

I went through my possible DTG train sim PC purchases on steam and it came to several hundred pounds.

Being a PC newbie, and the issues DTG seem to have, if the response I have received when I tried to interact with DTG to hopefully obtain answers (mainly yours unfortunately ) it does make me hesitate investing in more DTG games, both financially, and probably more important... in time.

18. krustynuggets

Wow, some people need their answers gift wrapped and on a red carpet to be happy, to the poster above this post just a a quick question, how the hell was the answer you just got defensive??, you were given the facts of the situation, not dressed up in rubbish or sugar coated, a simple straight forward answer to your question, how is that so hard to accept??

• Like Like x 2
  19. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

Well then you are really not going to like this reply, First do not guess the tone something is written in. How someone writes something and how some one reads it are often not the same. Secondly we are chat moderators not customer service agents, there is a difference between the two we answer questions because we want to help and already know the answer, not because we have to. Thirdly we volunteer are time to help out, we are not paid employees of DTG we are community members just like you.

So before you want to start throwing around the "I've paid hundreds on content" line again. I've probably spent in the thousands over several years on content I know some people who've spent way more. This is not a "who can pee the highest against the wall contest. I don't always get the answers I am looking for, and I don't always get answers that I like. One thing is for sure I don't then go ahead and try and belittle the person that has took the time to give me the answer

20. westcastlerail

I don’t want to get into long drawn out confrontations ... they serve no purpose for anyone.

But as you ask , I thought the following statements were defensive, and used to justify The MOD actions on the stream... (After all, that is what this thread is about)

“You asked a question it got answered”
    (it didn’t...it just got palmed off to speak to Microsoft)

“Sorry you don’t like that, but that’s the way it is”
    (Not very positive or engaging statement when communicating)

“like I Just explained you are best to speak to Microsoft
    (about a DTG product, on a DTG stream, with DTG representatives asking for questions ... would Microsoft really be able to answer ?)

“People to post questions on here.... for more time to get answers “
    (no answer since April from DTG from what I can see On the Xbox sale thread)

This forum / community had always seemed pretty friendly, but from my interactions with the MODs It has made me think again.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  21. krustynuggets

Sorry dude your just making mountain out of a mole hill, you got an answer it was civil told you the facts what to do and frankly you just got the hump because it wasn't what you wanted to hear, this is called life and it will happen alot......

• Like Like x 2
  22. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

well Microsoft decide when the sales come out and what games are included in said sales DTG don't get to decide fully when they can do a sale on content so if you want one then again ask Microsoft as there isn't much DTG can do i'm sure with black friday though something could happen though

23. westcastlerail

I think this answer shows Perfectly how the DTG MODS choose to communicate with the DTG community.

Your tone is not too difficult to work out.

Thank you for educating me on who DTG MODS are, and the role that they play, it’s much appreciated.
    (Not sure I asked for this in my posts, but useful anyway)

I have no idea what your last paragraph is on about... or how it relates or adds relevance to this thread.

I apologise if you think this threads and my contributions belittles MODs, rather than offer some constructive feedback.