Passenger Views Like Your Other Train Simulator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by damgreene, Oct 29, 2020.

1. damgreene

damgreene New Member

The one thing I definitely miss in the transition from TS to TSW is the passenger view. I thought it was pretty cool to be in passenger view and be able to control the train. I know I can always give up service to be a passenger, but I think it would be neat to able to control the train as well from the passenger point of view. Sometimes I can trick it by taking the #3 camera view and sliding it into the train at the station but it not the same experience!

• Like Like x 6
  2. migueld

migueld Active Member

Yeah I'd like to see this too, but when Sam was asked on a live stream if this would be a feature in the game he said "you can sit as a passenger on an AI train yes" so I don't think it'll be a thing considering they didn't even know what that meant LOL.

3. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I think what Sam has said is perfectly clear.

On TS20xx you are the train, as is that you control the train, so you can be in the cab or the passenger.
    and TSW/2 you are the driver. As in real life you can't be in 2 places at the same time.

I know when I play TS20xx I don't tend to use the passenger view. This is because I always end up either doing a SPAD or even end up wit the train coming to a grinding halt.

4. migueld

migueld Active Member

I agree that what he said was clear, it was clear he didn't understand the question.

Also having an outside view following a train is also not realistic when playing as a driver, and that's implemented in TSW 2 so I don't see why a passenger view would make the game "less realistic". After all it's just a game.

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I don't miss it, but I wouldn't be against it. :P