Ilse Of Wight Route. Disappointing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stevenwalker1985, Nov 1, 2020.

1. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

I bought the ilse of wight route a few days ago, just getting into it now. To be honest am not enjoying it much. The walking sounds as if am walking on metal rather than stone. The due time is not thefere. The graphics look like something from xbox 360 days. Posted a picture of something i mean. Quite disappointed. £19.99 to much i think. Sorry rivet games. I knows its there first route but hopefully with updates will be better.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I might be the only person but one thing I like about the Train Simulator version of Isle of Wight is being able to drive the little steam train. Obviously, with TSW not supporting Steam locos yet this is missing from the TSW2 version. If that were to be included at a later date I think it would make the package more appealing.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stevenwalker1985

I aint really to bothered about steam trains lol

• Like Like x 6
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find the route to get a little boring after a while as well. All you're doing is going back and forth for the whole day, no special services or anything. Just seeing the same trees every time. I honestly thought this route would feel better than the Bakerloo, but it doesn't. At least on the Bakerloo the textures are better and there are different types of services (terminating at Queens Park/Stonebridge/Waterloo). One thing IOW does better is track noise, I really like the fact that you can actually HEAR it. If only they did that on all routes.

• Like Like x 3
  5. stevenwalker1985

I was expecting the same as u. Similar to the bakerloo line, but its far from it, its worse. Shame likes. I done 1 scenario and a bit of a second, but i got bored of it. That quick. Ah well. Am enjoying the bakerloo like so much.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I've done almost all of the scenarios on IOW. And I've finished all of them on BKL. I don't think I'm enjoying the BKL as much as you (because of the flaws with it) but I can say that it's better than IOW. I feel bad for the devs at Rivet since it's their first TSW Route and people are on the forums saying they don't like it. It's definitely not the worst route in the game (far from it), and I think Rivet has the potential to create some great routes in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ive done all there is on iow, its a relaxing short route, which does feel currently like a free roam without timetable implemented, hopefuly tbe update for it wont take that long.

• Like Like x 1
  8. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Terrible ad on. The fact the most basic of all components like timetable mode was missed in the testing shows how lazy and greedy these companies are to release half done work and the biggest crime of all is there are people on the forums who are ok with this hahaha they prefer to release a game not done and get updates later. How pathetic.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really like IoW. Yes, it was pretty much a disaster on console, particularly the PS4 with the missing trophies amongst other issues. However, the route is nice and detailed, runs relatively smoothly and the collectables are rather fun. Given that the route is set in modern day, it would be nice to see the 484 get green lit for release on the route too. It might not be a long route, but it’s certainly fun to play. I can’t wait for the bug releases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m surprised that people have bought it and then say they found it boring. What were they expecting? On the route it recreates there are trains that go backwards and forwards at regular intervals picking up and dropping off passengers. That’s all that happens there. They have recreated that quite well. Going one way picking up and dropping off passengers, then going the other way picking up and dropping off passengers, is about all you could reasonably expect from the route. Of course it’s not very exciting but it’s not meant to be. It’s no extravaganza. And once a few bugs are fixed it’ll be grand, and the same can be said about every single route in TSW2, as they are all very buggy at the moment.

• Like Like x 5
  11. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I haven't bought it yet (thanks job redundancy), but any body with a nugget of knowledge about the line would have known what to expect from the line. Pretty sure some of the anger is just for the sake of being angry, but will definitely be buying it and all other additional content because its trains and i can't have a incomplete collection.

• Like Like x 7
  12. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I personally think Rivet did a decent job. The trains move, its pretty views from one station, and the rest well is a short line.

I just think of it as a branch line...we all want extensions to the big main lines, this one is the effective branch line extension, as others have said, its all about going backwards and forwards over a short distance.

D

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

All anyone had to do was watch other youtubers who bought it play it to know what you where getting,so this buying it the second it's released is your own fault if you don't like it.

That what i did an shocking i haven't bought it yet and the 8½ mile of track is not the main problem,i'm bummed theres no manual switches,i like routes with them and a route this short needs something extra to give it extra value and the no option beyond preprogramed switchs hurts it for me but that just me.

But out of all this routes many short comings,the one that hurts it the most(And i'm gonna borrow a rating term from a youtuber who reveiws model trains and strangely he's named sam to,one of his rating is "value for money"and i will be hammered by others for this but at this point i don't worry about others who don't agree with me we all have are 2½cents to offer here,when it's 1very 2very 3very 4very 5very 6very 7very 8very ½very clear this route not worth 24.99(or what ever you exchange rate is)and that sad rivet games 1st route not all bad but by overpricing it(which i suspect dtg had a hand in as well)they ended up hurting this routes potential for being more successful at being purchased by train fans.This route at the most and i'm being generous here should have been 14.99(US)(our your equal exchange rate).Sure i commented alot about this route before it's release i wanted to know what was being offered before possible buying it,i don't want to become one of players who buy these newest routes the second there released and then come here a few hours later to complain about it for whatever,that gets expensive really fast and don't get me started on the lack of sales for xbox because that another discussion all together.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Personally I like the route. I bought it knowing it would be a shorter route. I bought it because we play an 18xx board game called 1860: Isle of Wight, and having played that game a bunch it was fun to drive the train on the actual route I’ve used in the game. It has less to do than other routes, but the little bit of history is nice. I think it’s well done.

• Like Like x 3
  15. box215

box215 Active Member

Yes, the route is much better now now that Rivet have addressed several issues
    That last post you replied to was from 5 months ago

• Like Like x 1
  16. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

One thing that is stopping improvements is Rivett games putting all the blame on DTG, when most of it is their own fault

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I hope Arosa line has a better launch

18. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Same

19. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

You've been arrogant towards people for some time now, and even with me when, at the end of the year, I gave my feelings on tsw2. stevenwalker1985 gives his opinion, and what we expect from a route is that it at least be alive. And this is not the case! Like all routes in tsw2, 3 people enter, 3 people exit the train. Even at the terminus !!! It's a shame. And if there were only that ... the sound, the new routes created by a computer and not as before by hand, the final quality of the products ... we expect more, a lot more, especially for 400 to 500€ that I spent since the first tsw founders edition. Thank you for being attentive to what each is feeling, and for listening to each of us! Thank you and have a good day everyone.
    Im french, sorry for translations errors.

• Like Like x 2
  20. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

So I’m late to the party. I’ll leave my two cents as is, lol. I think Rivet has done well with all their DLC. They have issues, but not Cyberpunk level of issues.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

i agree, first time doing tsw dlc, very different than ts1, give them a chance, they didn't release it and then leave it forever, they're a small company give them a chance, arosa looks amazing!

• Like Like x 2
  22. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I also think Rivet did a good job with their first TSW route. It has a lot of detail and I’m not a collectible person but I really like how they thought outside the box with the ice cream booths and the cameras that take a picture when you collect them. I think that’s just the kind of fresh thinking we need to make TSW2 great. The Arosa line is looking to be a very special route for TSW2, I can’t wait!

• Like Like x 1