Subway Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Nov 2, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I think TSW needs more Subway Routes in the game. Now don't get upset at me because I'm pushing for a line and all you do is go "Back and forth". I think that creating more subway routes (Like the Bakerloo but MUCH better) would be good for the game. Dovetail just needs to get Track/Train Noise, Speed Limits, And Signals right.

Subway Lines I'd like to see:

NYC Subway: Literally any and All of them

PATH: All of them

London Underground: Circle, H&C, Victoria, Met, or Jubilee

Chicago: Red/Purple/Blue Lines

BART: Anything

Other Cities: Tokyo, Berlin...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think the Glasgow Subway would be a fun addition. Rivet Games could make it.

Jasper_Rivet
    Could you pass this suggestion to the development team?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

There are a limited number of TSW releases and there’s been a recent subway release (two if you include IOW) so other genres deserve attention before there’s more subways.

Subways are also more limiting in the activities that you can do. Subway trains, in particular more modern ones are highly automated, taking away from the game experience.

Then there’s the big issue. Routes with a lot of deep underground tunnels would be pretty repetitive. Those that run outside in cities are unlikely because they’d be very intense graphically with all of the buildings. Think the Chicago loop. How much processing power will you need to represent that meaningfully?

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

IOW is National Rail, not Subway.

Not all modern ones are automated. And some people actually want to see more ATO. We already have seen something like it with the ICE.

Anyone who doesn't like subways/going through tunnels doesn't have to get the route. It's completely optional. Only some people will actually let it feel repetitive. And if DTG can add more realism to it (Dynamic Events and a Guard/Conductor mode) it won't feel too repetitive. There's a reason that most of the routes I've suggested have Above Ground portions. There's a reason I suggested the Red/Blue instead of the other lines with Chicago (Purple is a part time service).

• Like Like x 4
  5. ZeenozPlays

That'd be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

As long as they set the external cameras free in the the tunnels again i don't care if its above or below ground, subway or not.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ZeenozPlays

RIGHT HERE. I don't understand why they restricted us from doing it in the first place.

8. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

PATH trains wouldn't be bad..i commute on that alot.and I dont mind the BART system..Imagine if they create a BART dlc through Milbrae with the Peninsula Corridor as well!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZeenozPlays

I agree, PATH wouldn't be bad. Its a nice (short) subway system (even though it classifies as commuter rail) that runs between NY & NJ. BART would be nice with the new (trains of the future or something like that) rolling stock.

10. MrbKlegend89

My only problem with PATH, which I'm being greedy on is I like to see AI Amtrak or NJ Transit pass by Harrison and Newark lmaoo...it felt like the NEC DLC with Newark and Harrison jus empty lol

11. MrbKlegend89

I always wondered what the PATH is classified as..cuz technically they pay almost a single ride of a metrocard like the subways and buses lmao

12. ZeenozPlays

Because it's right next to Amtrak (and I think NJT). It has no barrier between it so it's classified as a commuter railroad. They can easily declassify it by putting a small fence up.

13. ZeenozPlays

That would be cool, maybe as some random AI services that the player can't take control of.

14. MrbKlegend89

Exactly what I was thinking...also I jus thought of it..The PATH if TSW 2 was to put it in there, my other concern is the 33RD-JSQ via Hoboken service cuz u gon have to switch from end to end at Hoboken

15. ZeenozPlays

What do you mean? DTG already has routes where you switch ends (LIRR & BKL). Unless you mean the mess of services, I don't see a problem.

16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Considering that you can’t use the headout cameras from the internal cameras either (unless you are already using them when entering a tunnel) this has been done globally on all routes due to it being desired for Bakerloo. It makes sense in a subway route with tunnels only just bigger than the trains but it does not make sense in other routes. They need to be able to lock the cameras out on a route by route basis, especially as it is locking out all external cameras when any part of the train is in a tunnel not just the camera that would be in the tunnel. I’m sure the player can decide to not use the external camera when it glitches outside of the scenery in a tunnel, and doesn’t need that inflicting on them at the expense of legitimate use of the external cameras.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

‘IOW is National Rail, not Subway’

perhaps you didn’t realize that the rolling stock is a repurposed subway train? Looks like a subway train, drives like one.

‘And some people actually want to see more ATO. We already have seen something like it with the ICE.’

and many people think that ‘driving’ automated trains will be the death of the game. Still, you can always read a book or the newspaper as the train drives itself.

‘Anyone who doesn't like subways/going through tunnels doesn't have to get the route. It's completely optional’

this comment is often given as a response. It ignores the fact that DTG only have resources to do a few routes. Turning TSW into the World of Subways means that other users won’t get routes they are interested in.

‘Guard/Conductor mode’

Even more opportunities to read a newspaper.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if it’s possible, the Chicago CTA Brown, Purple, and Red lines would be perfect for TSW 2. The El is a very unique metro system of mostly elevated track. In-train announcements would have to be added, I know that they’re possible with UE4, so don’t try that excuse. But I understand licensing might not be there for this operator.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZeenozPlays

I doubt CTA wouldn’t let them have the license. The Red/Purple lines would be a great addition to TSW. Hopefully DTG can put in Automated Announcements because the current routes are missing them and it’s extremely noticeable.

20. jeremydunn8

I know for a fact that in unreal engine 4, automated announcements are possible, just look at the new tram simulator game for example. I’m sure there are other examples, but I’ve recently noticed this one in particular. The fact that they blamed UE4 for no announcements is annoying. I will continue to condemn DTG’s current sound team, the bakerloo line is atrocious with its sound. They definitely need more staff in that department.

21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody has blamed UE4 for not having automated announcements. What they have said is they don’t have a system for it in TSW yet. Unreal is just a game engine, it does not have a go to train announcement system in it, the devs have to put one in.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ZeenozPlays

All they need to do is find a way to make it work. They haven’t blamed it on UE4, but more on the fact that they are still learning how to make it dynamic and (somewhat) distance based.

23. jeremydunn8

Hm, maybe I got it confused with something else. My bad.

Another thing they need to do, and this should be possible if they have a system for announcements, is add horns to AI trains. That would make railfanning a lot more interesting.

24. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

A german U-Bahn would be great!

• Like Like x 2