Ots Harrogate Loop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Has anyone got this route installed? On mine, there's a LOAD of scenery missing between Leeds and York, just after Neville Hill depot... like tons of it... literally driving through a green, barren wasteland. I have everything required to run this route... I've been trying to fix it for days. No reply from OTS yet, so I'm hoping someone here an shed some light.

Thanks.

2. OofBerry

OofBerry New Member

Have you tried reinstalling the route? I have it and nothing is missing for me.

3. Pookeyhead

What version of Wherry Lines do you have? Steam or AP?

4. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Everything is working fine for me Pookeyhead, I have the Ap version of Wherry Lines.

Mike

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Pookeyhead

Looks like that may be it. This isn't the first time this Steam version of Wherry Lines has caused me an issue.

Oh well... I'll just go to York from Leeds via Harrogate LOL

6. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

The Harrogate Loop route is not finished yet. The current release (v1) is complete from York to Leeds via Harrogate, v2 is in production and will hopefully finish the scenery from York back to Leeds via the southern part of the loop. As with many long term freeware projects it is WIP.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Pookeyhead

Oh.. it doesn't say that anywhere, and both Oofberry and michael hooley say there's is absolutely fine with nothing missing (See above).

8. AlexTheMole

Right, thought I'd give a more detailed response. Firstly yes I heave read what the other people in this topic have posted but I believe they may be looking at the completed part of the route not the part between Neville Hill, Milford Junction and York. This part of the route has not yet been completed, as mentioned in the route manual:
    upload_2020-11-3_15-58-34.png

You mention that you are worried that the fact you have the Steam version of the Wherry Lines is the issue. I do not believe this to be the case as I have the AP version and the Harrogate Loop route is as you describe. Here are a pair of comparison shots I have just taken of the route showing the different parts.
    Knaresborough on the finished part:
    20201103155318_1.jpg
    Micklefield near Milford Junction on the unfinished part:
    20201103155543_1.jpg
    If you were having an issue with only or two DLCs, then the majority of scenery would still be there and you would only see some of the "missing asset" milkbottles around. If you were having a issues with all you DLCs then you would see milkbottles EVERYWHERE! also you wouldn't have the complete scenery between Leeds-York via Harrogate. If you had an issue with the route installation itself, then you would see basically nothing except possibly a mesh instead of the ground. Out of the 180-odd routes I have installed about 1/3rd are freeware, and I tell you now this level of missing scenery can only mean that part of the route isn't finished. There are a couple of videos on Youtube from June/July this year showing the WIP v2. So I wouldn't worry at all, I don't think for a minute there is anything wrong on your end. ;)

Edit: A good way to check if you have the Wherry Lines working properly on the Harrogate route is check those semaphore signals at Knaresborough as I believe those are from the Wherry Lines route. If they are showing then the route is fine.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Pookeyhead

That's incredibly helpful, and thank you for taking the time to do this.

That wording in point 2. is fairly ambiguous though :) It doesn't say the rest ISN'T complete... but after reading it again in context (and reading point 1), yes, it woudl appear so.

All is well then... thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AlexTheMole

No problem, always happy to help if I can. :)

You are right that the wording could be clearer, I think it's because a couple of parts of the southern half the loop have been done cosmetically at least to some degree. For example there is a section between Micklefield and Milford Junction that looks nearly finished but is still surrounded by the vast green ocean. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pookeyhead

I have to say, once complete this route will be awesome. The completed parts are fantastic. It amazes me how good some freeware routes are when compared to how lack lustre some payware ones are. It's the same with the Gu Breckland Line... what a completely fabulous route that is! I'd have paid the going rate for a payware route for that. I donated.. I actually felt guilty for downloading it for free. I'd do the same for OTS if they had a Paypal link, as their Northern Lines and Northern Lines Electric are fantastic.. That's my home turf, so love those two routes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. michael hooley

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pookeyhead

I know, but it seems to work fine with the Steam version now I know it is an incomplete (work in progress) route.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Pookeyhead said "there's a LOAD of scenery missing between Leeds and York, just after Neville Hill depot..."
    How come you have this scenery when others don't?

Peter

15. Pookeyhead

As Alex said, I think they were just running from Leeds to York via Harrogate and assuming it was fine, but not running the other way to York.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AlexTheMole

Absolutely, some freeware is genuinely breathtaking! Luckily some creators do have donation links but it would be nice if they all did. As you say OTS & Gu but also some of the preserved railways like the Midland Railway Centre, Swanage and Churnet Valley are excellent.

While they have tested it with the AP version only it technically shouldn't make any difference. As far as I know the two routes are identical, it's other factors I'm not sure about that are different between Steam and AP (stock possibly? branding, something like that). The actual route assets are all there on both versions.

17. michael hooley

Peter

18. michael hooley

I have solved my problem folks.

I have mixed up my two routes
    Harrogate Loop and DPS- RLS ECML North East

The latter York to Leeds ends at Garforth.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  19. OofBerry

OofBerry New Member

My bad, I just assumed you were running Leeds-York via the harrogate loop.

The track I assume you are trying to drive (Leeds-York via church fenton) is included in the Leeds Lines Phase 2 route.