Csx Heavy Haul Loc Power

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Poking along the Sand Patch route with 4 GP-382 locs and a 1,2 km long freight load, throttle at 8 0.5% slope up. There just doesn't seem enough power to reach speed above 40 k/h, is that normal?

Harry is quite lonely here with no driver present ...

Harry on his Own.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think it is unless the rear locos aren’t supplying power. If you use camera to head back to train and then power up you should see them too.

if they are not your banking could be off, if they are check all your brakes. Little tip , you can flick switches by navigating camera through or to window rather than running your driver all the way back

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jack O'Track

Thnx, the 2 bankers are blowing smoke alright, i know about the camera thing. Lever set to freight.

Is there a banking on/off switch somewhere? maybe that's it.
    there's a lever setting some where with dead-lead, 24 and 6-26, default 6-26. tried all three modes ...

==== just found this info on the Geep, guess it's some wrong setting, maybe the radio LoL.
    https://train-sim-world.fandom.com/wiki/Driving_the_SD40-2,_GP38-2_and_GP40-2#_As_MU_Lead

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Jack O'Track

Thnx, figured it out partly, but the banking switch not ..
    It worked, all that button pushing seems a bit buggy too.
    I gave it up being stuck waiting at some signal for 10 minutes, gets boring LoL
    To boot the event, 0.5 slope down, wheels sparking, sand and all: the 'thing' would not move an inch after the stop.

CSX screen stuck.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

If you find master/slave setting difficult take a look to section 5.6 here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1693369538

I added a table so that it was easier to find the right settings for each of the engines in the consists. With those american engines there´s an easy trick to avoid walking the whole train lenght: go to external view and then to free cam (2 or 3 keys and then 8 key) and come into the rear engines cab area. You can click the inside controls from the outside while in this view. I think you needed side windows to be open to do so.

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

AVE! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o7zeIn-Nshe7_bzqkd7hQg2QrV0G9xNvBevPoxTunA8/edit?usp=sharing
    BR o7
    Nice!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Jack O'Track

Thnks Geloxo, meanwhile back at the station i got a little wiser. But your guide is magnificent. Class XXXL!