Lirr Tsw2 Improvements And Ideas(?)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by beezwaxnotyours309, Oct 27, 2020.

1. beezwaxnotyours309

beezwaxnotyours309 Member

When TSW 2 came out i was super excited to play the LIRR (i live on Long Island :p) and i noticed that there are a couple of things wrong with the DLC's. (the route itself is fine, with a few exceptions)

M7: Things that can be improved:
    Master Controller- The master controller on the M7 is a little... no, A LOT slower then it use to be. This causes me to overshoot stations and be late because its hard to get it in the right spot quick enough

Horn- The horn itself is amazing (Bravo) but there is a problem. When i open the window on the M7, instead of getting louder the horn gets very, very quiet. As a matter of fact almost every sound gets lower.

Acceleration sound- The acceleration on the train is perfect, its the sound that is the problem. Theres only sound on the front car and sometimes the rear car, every car in the middle is silent and sometimes there is no acceleration sound at all.

M7: Ideas:

Monitor Font- I dont know where to include so i would put it here. The font for the letters and numbers is actually wrong. It looks like this- upload_2020-10-27_12-25-46.jpeg

Radio- RADIO CHATTER. This would be an amazing add-on to the route and I think that many people would like this. Im pretty sure that if it is able to be done for SPG it could be done for LIRR.

M3: Things that could be improved:

Horn- same with the M7, when i open anything that leads to the outside the horn gets lower.

Lighting- when in a dark space such as Atlantic Terminal, Penn Station or in a night time setting, from time to time the cab will light up and it is blinding.

Sound- when at a speed that is above around 30 mph (48 kph) the cab of the train gets horribly loud and forces you to go to an outside view which is way lower.

Reused sounds- Many sounds are reused such as the horn and door sounds. The only door closing sound is the ring. nothing else.

M3: ideas: I dont really have any ideas for them.

Route Improvements:

- There are 2 crossings going to Long Island City. The one near Hunterspoint Ave and the one near Long Island City. Long Island city crossing is missing.
    - Speed limit into Long Island City is 5 mph (8 kph) not 15 mph (24 kph)
    - Penn Station has stop markers
    - 8 car trains go to Atlantic Terminal. Only one car doesnt open its doors
    - Speed limit is 15 mph (24 kph) in hempstead not 30 mph (48 kph)
    -TREES. There are at least 150 trees on the hempstead branch that are missing.

Thats really it. Everything else is perfect

• Like Like x 12
  2. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Wow, nice improvements/suggestions. I have a sweet spot for the LIRR, unfortunately, it does not receive so much attention and it's a "preserved" route now.:(

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Nice suggestions. I agree LIRR needs some love.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

To Addon to what you said for the M7
    • Brighter Headlights
    • Station Announcements
    • A Conductor mode (Control the Doors and check tickets)
    • And have the in cab screens actually be functional
    • Have the center display show the Track Speed
    For LIRR in general
    • Add Speed Limit signs (not sure if it’s like this IRL, but there is no trackside speed signs)
    • More Services, IRL, LIRR is extremely busy, in terms of the amount of trains, and people
    • More Passengers

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

They also need to add at least parts of a Port Washingron branch..that Penn to Woodside run is boring as hell!At least to Great Neck would be a start

• Like Like x 1
  6. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I definitely would love to see the port Washington Branch in the future someday on TSW 2.

7. MrbKlegend89

LIRR still need timetable services to/from Hunterspoint Av and Long Island City!!Like still this route is dead and posed to be known as part of the busiest US railroad service but yet we only have 180 service but german content EXCLUDING extra layers have 338 service-___-

• Like Like x 1
  8. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like them to add the newly developed Passenger Info system to this route and the other passenger based routes in the preserved collection in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. beezwaxnotyours309

These are also very good suggestions

10. beezwaxnotyours309

They should just add it as a separate route from Woodside to Port Washington

11. beezwaxnotyours309

Yea Hunterspoint Ave and LIC are way underused. Its only in 2 scenarios and thats it :(

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrbKlegend89

Exactly like what's the point of this DLC if the DE/M30AC are or at least not involved, at least a few services in and out of LIC and Hunterspoint Av since they are used during peak rush hours

13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

In order to get the DEM30ACs, a whole new line would have to be added and I don't know if dtg would want to do that

14. MrbKlegend89

U know what sucks the game has as almost far as East Willinston like idk if they updated with an invisible fence but if u spawn off to the Oyster Bay branch..they have as far as East Willinston...I forgot who told me jus as the invisible fence finally shows up u technically in East Willinston jus that the station is not built....Now that wouldve been a decent start and East Willinston also the only 3rd rail station off the line....But it's also told that LIRR or so didnt give DTG enough info on the diesels..idk how and why

15. mrchuck

Maybe they’ll do the Babylon Branch or port Jefferson Branch sometime in the future maybe it’ll be announced sometime soon on the road map in the future.

16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Queens interlocking where the Elmont station is situated right now that is not 30 mph 50 kmh it's 80 mph 130 kmh line speed

17. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Yeah LIRR needs a lot of work still. This route it's what brought me to TSW. What they also need to do is.

- Redo the whole signal system since it's incorrect and it's what's preventing us from receiving a busy timetable.

-Add AI Trains coming off Ronkonkoma and Huntington Lines

-Add Huntington Bound Services as 12 car consist instead of having only Ronkonkoma bound services coming from Penn which is unrealistic. Once we get a Diesel Branch for the LIRR can also add AI Trains coming off the Oyster Bay Branch.

-Make Atlantic Service trains 8 car consist since they no longer use 6 car.

-Add Destination Boards on the M7 and Car cab number board lights as thats missing for the M7. Car cab number lights are on when the key is inserted in the master controls.

-Make M7 the lights a little brighter and no not headlights. Door lights and the other lights as wel that are green. They are to dimmed and will make the train more realistic

-Fix M7 motor sounds as you said you only hear from the front of the train and it's kinda muted now when your in the cab.

- Also don't know if anyone noticed but there are bathroom and wheel chair Decals missing on the M7. The M3 LIRR Logos from the side of the train should have white background. Might be minor but I like accuracy.

-Redo M3 horn and door sounds as they are incorrect.

-Add Amtrak ACS-64 as AI Trains going to Penn Station

-Add Rush Hour Passengers

- I know they might never do this since it's a scenery thing but they should the add the new Elmont station since there's barely services going to Belmont Park which makes that station so pointless. It will add an extra stop for the Hempstead Branch. This can make the route a more little busy.

-Make LIRR M9 as a Add on as its about time for LIRR to get a new train. It shouldn't be hard to make either. They were able to make a 375,377 and 387. The M9 is similar to the M7 with some differences.

Hopefully some of the M7/M3 improvements will come since they are doing the Harlem Line and can be ported over.

TrainSim-Adam TrainSim-Matt This will be so much appreciated if this was done for the LIRR.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. mrchuck

I wonder what diesel Branch dovetail will create for the Lirr I hope it’s the port Jefferson or oyster bay Branch or Babylon patchouge Branch.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SubwayRailfanner

I don't know but any of those are welcomed as long as we get one. I would love to see another LIRR route.

20. driverwoods#1787

I agree and the flyover by Hillside Facility is used by Babylon branch trains might as well make the Babylon branch playable to Jamaica then off map to the flyover before Hillside support facilty. Babylon Branch trains use 8-12 cars Penn Station while a Rush Hour only Atlantic terminal service is 8 cars 6-8 cars on the flyover are West Hempstead trains. M3 Yellow LIRR sound fix can use the Blue version from the Harlem Line the M3A.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mrchuck

Hopefully they’ll announce one of the diesel lirr routes on the roadmap next year in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SubwayRailfanner

Yes that too I forgot about that flyover. Also AI trains coming from Long Beach right before Jamaica. You see these ideas right here can change how the whole route works. But they are taking forever to take action. I bet if it was a German route it would of been fixed already. Just sad they are probably not even reading these.

Also Adam already confirmed they are going to be adding train destination boards on the M7 after they do Talent 1442 and the GWR 166.

23. SubwayRailfanner

I do remember Matt telling me he wouldn't want to worry about the diesels unless they do one of the branch lines for them.

• Like Like x 1
  24. driverwoods#1787

I agree and if DTG does that the timetable will be different you can ride Far Rockaway trains to Jamaica then Ai takes over so is does Long Beach branch Penn Station to Jamaica Ai to Lynbrook via Rosedale. My suggestion Babylon Branch does include Lynbrook St Albans Valley Stream

• Like Like x 1
  25. SubwayRailfanner

Yeah it would be really awesome. That will change the way everything works on the route. Maybe give rush hour vibes too.

• Like Like x 2
  26. mrchuck

I think the diesel Branch might be the port Jefferson Branch or oyster bay Branch sometime in the future let’s hope it’s on the roadmap next year.

• Like Like x 1
  27. driverwoods#1787

Port Jefferson you are looking at the electrified portion Huntington Port Jefferson because anything west of Huntington had 750v DC Third rail Top Contact on October 19th 1970 Seventeen years 2 months and 9 days before December 28th 1987 Ronkonkoma MacArthur Airport electrification project completion and service begin.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  28. SubwayRailfanner

Is bolands landing an actual station that trains stop at? If it is then how was that station completely missed.