Am I Being Too Fussy???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ntypeman, Nov 1, 2020.

1. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Had a bit of a flurry yesterday on the JT website & splashed some cash... (Well PayPal actually... ;))

After d/loading the ZZA, I discovered that I had a Class 60 on the JT account that I didn't realise I had!!! Having contacted JT regarding the said pack they upgraded me to the advanced Class 60 (thank you very much :D)...

I then decided that I fancied the advanced Class 153... At £10.99 on its own or £12.99 to be bundled with Totham... I went for the bundle as for 2 quid more you get a route... Ok, albeit a fictitious one!!!

Having driven the 153 this morning, considering it's the advanced version, I'm bitterly disappointed with the fact of how the external lights work... You cannot turn the marker lights on independently of the headlights and there is no day / night headlight setting, and when you do put the headlight on, it brings BOTH headlights on at the same time...!!!

Am I being too fussy or not with my expectations??? Is there a way to fix this???

Got my moaning minnie head on this morning... Sorry!!!

Eric

2. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi Eric,
    I would just have a look at their web site to see if there is a patch for it. It may be a known bug which they fixed in the past. No you're not being too fussy lol.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There is an extensive feature list on the 153 page of their website and all it says about the lights is :
    "Working headlights illuminate the track ahead - Standard cluster and modern LED head and tail lights depicted"
    So I wouldn't have expected separate marker light control

I know AP put this in but not sure many others do

4. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I reckon the 153 is due an overhaul, or maybe an enhancement pack.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If it was a know bug that they fixed in the past then it would not appear in a model Eric just bought.

On some of the units when you switch the Headlights on Both MARKERS Illuminate
    https://d2rz29q2n53c9a.cloudfront.net/productimages/20111222093113628ME-L.jpg
    With some of the new light units the Led's that provide the Markers also provide the Tail Lights

When the 153 came out it was considered in the Advanced range but that was 6 to 7 years ago.
    I purchased mine in January 2014 and the sim has moved on in the last 7 years.

If I were buying a recent model then I would expect more features.

Peter

6. ntypeman

Apologies...

I was referring to the Regional Railways 153 & I'd forgotten that there are different versions of the light clusters... The ones I'm referring to are the original as □○●...

I don't know if that'll come out but (looking at the front on the left) you have a small upright rectangular marker light the headlight and then the tail light (viewed left to right) and then the opposite on the right side...

As far as I'm aware the 2 outer markers should be lit then the appropriate day / night headlight as appropriate...

Sorry if there was any misunderstanding...

Eric

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Considering the age of the model, this would not bother me very much. I'd think it was an oversight on a new AP release, but considering the price, and age, nah... I'd be OK with that.

8. OofBerry

OofBerry New Member

Yes, I would say you are being too fussy, considering this was released as an advanced locomotive in January 2012. If this was released now as an advanced locomotive, I would absolutley complain, but considering it was released as an advanced train 8 years ago, it would be true to the time.
    And also MJW has made a patch for the 153 with some improvements such as the control mapping here (https://www.major.wales/revamp-packs/153) which you might want to check out :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

I dont think your being to fussy but I think the price is a little steep to say how old it is, and without the armstrong sound pack it doesn't sound great either. I always hoped Armstrong Powerhouse would do their magic on this as they have done most the sprinters now.

10. ntypeman

The MW 153 revamp pack requires the AP Class 150/153/156 Soundpack. Can anyone please point me in the right direction as I cannot find it in the AP store...

Thanks

Eric

11. ntypeman

Forgive my ignorance, I didn't realise it was SO old!!!

Eric

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Pookeyhead

It says in that thread that they drop a sound pack when there's an enhancement for that loco, but that doesn't explain why they dropped the class 87 sound pack. Fortunately I have it though. Who know why AP do what they do. They don't really listen to feedback. They make what they want to make.

14. ntypeman

Thanks Reef...

I always seem to be late to the party... sigh(!!!) :(

Eric

15. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Probably because Waggonz are working on a new Class 87 so re-releasing the sound pack for the original RSC 87 isn't worth the effort when they'll likely end up doing the sounds for the new one.

16. Pookeyhead

Really? Can that be confirmed?

17. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Just look on their facebook page.

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Class 87 Sound pack got dropped because it was a Class 86 & 87 pack.
    It would have meant them rewriting the pack only to work with the Class 87 and at a lower price
    They might have thought it was not worth it.

I did not know about the Waggonz 87 :)
    Hope they do a BDZ version

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pookeyhead

Excellent news!

• Like Like x 1