Gwe Is Finally Here

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elvescast, Nov 5, 2020.

1. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

The route that started Train sim world on consoles finally arrives on TSW2 and with the HST being not only being a classic and a peice of masterful engineering is a beauty and capable of putting even modern deisels to the side.

I know this is preserved collection and they work as hard as possible to integrate it with the new engine and every line has had a few problems but this one which has taken the longest has many.

1. Red lights, on custom scenarios every light is red no matter which departure platform I choose.

2.HST, when did it stand for heavy slow train? At full power the train isn't pulling, on Tsw the train would storm back and forward across gwe at 125mph but in Tsw 2 it struggles to get to 125mph by slough and then you have to slow for traffic.

3.Twyford to Reading, why does it not use the 2 slow lines between these stations every train gets routed onto the fast lines for some reason.

4.platform length, in the past few years the real Paddington has begun being served by 10 coach class 800 yet in the game the platform cant fit a 8 coach ICE3 on them

Overall, I love this route and it being made the last to be put in even over other routes such as MSB and LiRR which came out earlier which was frustrating as we have only had really slow lines in the uk till now. I don't like to criticize but why this taken so long and have so much left to do on it I'm at a loss to explain.

In a personal note as I play Tsw to help with my Mental health problems and have been kept up with the knowledge that this route is coming, i got up early to play it and now I'm thinking i might just delete Tsw2 and play 2020 instead.

Last so as not to end on a downer I noticed they have put OLE all the way to Reading, a nod towards future DLC maybe?

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

One the note about OLE it's supposed to say just past Slough not all the way to Reading

3. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Hi Elvescast

Sorry to hear you have had issues with HST.

The problem you describe in point 2 of your post, sounds very familiar to the issue when TSW was first released.
    (Founders edition I believe). Good news is that was fixed reasonably quickly.

Just wondering if you have tried the HST on any other routes in off the rails?

I am personally looking forward to trying later the HST on NTP, and also putting a 47 on the GWR.

4. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Hi westcastlerail thanks for replying, I did take it from koln to aachen and only managed to get it upto 120mph on that route

• Like Like x 1
  5. ExcelsiorGamingYT

ExcelsiorGamingYT Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue with the Red Lights, I've tried to create 4 different scenarios now everyone I can't go anywhere as all the lights are red if I go past them it fails me!!! I just wanna try the ICE on the London to Reading route grrrrrrrr!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ROKIIz

ROKIIz New Member

Yeah it's rather broke

7. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

Hi yes on scenario designer i tried to use hst on northern trans pennie and whatver i do even run service by itself its all red lights so must be promble

8. ROKIIz

ROKIIz New Member

You would of thought that this would of been tested

9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Sorry to see you are experiencing some difficulties, the permanent red lights on custom scenarios shouldn't be happening. I've highlighted this issue on our end and it will get looked into.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

Thanks dtg natster i haven't tried great western express yet scenario designer but northern trans pennie whatevr u do its all red lights for the player train

11. westcastlerail

Hi DTG Natster

Thanks for looking into the Red Signals in scenerio planner - its greatly appreciated and look forward to hearing an update.

Would it also be possible to also look into the poor HST performance (see point 2 of the original post on this thread).

Its quite important for enjoyment of driving the HST.

As mentioned, this happened when the GWE was released first time around and was fixed pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Hey everyone I found a way to make a custom scenario you do reading to london and it let me use aDB BR425 on the route, I did do 3 stops but just wanted to share, I'm trying more right now to see what works.

Update on the red lights, trying to do action siding to reading for freight also just red lights

13. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I have made a note of everything mentioned in this thread and it will get looked into.

14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I managed to get the HST to 125 mph well before Slough in timetable mode, tips for driving it, it doesn't like being put straight in to Notch 5, you have to build up to it, if you do, you'll be spinning the wheels up. Also make sure both power cars are powered up, sounds like you've only got one running which was a bug in TSW: FE.

Here's a video!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Interesting about the OHLE going to Reading. I wonder if a class 387 might be on a future horizon?

As for the platform lengths, the route is set pre class 800 as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  16. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Has anyone noticed the Class 166 sound is different?
    Also when it gets upt 62mph it sounds like it changes gear
    I did a scenario planner run with it on ECW and still have to open the doors on the wrong side, except at Brighton and Eastbourne

17. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Hey I mis typed there the OLE goes to just pass slough, sorry for any confusion

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. theorganist

Oh okay, I got excited then lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Yeah I was a bit carried away seeing the equipment I thought it went all the way, lol.

Still we can hope for the future that it could happen and if they add the train to other routes could always do off the rails

20. theorganist

I wonder why they have done it though, as the route was modelled to depict a time where it was being installed? Was there a time when the 387's ran a shuttle part way?

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Nope the wires weren't energised during the time period depicted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. theorganist

Ah okay, thanks. I shall remain disappointed.

GWE is one of my favourite routes but the stock isn't how I would have depicted it, a 165 would have made more sense I would have thought than a 166 and of course there were very few GWR green HST's. Some new additions would make it more interesting in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  23. westcastlerail

01 Paddington.jpg 02 Paddington.jpg

Got my class 800's (look a likes!) into Paddington - just a shame they are stuck on Red Signals and cannot go anywhere in Scenerio editor!

• Like Like x 3
  24. theorganist

Looks good. I thought for a moment they were class 800's!

25. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

These are absolutely awesome! Would you consider doing a tutorial video on how you did them cause I want to do them but don't know how?

26. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Is it even possible to do better than a Bronze Medal on the Class 43 Introduction?

Even stopping on a dime, the best I can manage is 930 AP.

27. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

HST. You have to go into the cab on the side you won't drive on and do something with the brakes. I remember when I first had that engine it was stuck going slow but as soon as I did that it was fine.

28. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Likewise with the Class 166 Introduction, maximum AP possible is seemingly 930, which results in a Bronze Medal again.

29. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Class 66 Introduction 1,160 AP, results in a Bronze Medal, when 1,300 is needed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. westcastlerail

No problem - I have done a video today!

To keep this post on topic of this thread, I have created a new thread in the creation section of this forum called How to create a GWR livery in Train Sim World 2. Hope the video is of use to you.

Managed to get a run last night in the Class 800 (ICE) on the GWR line, the path from Hayes and Harlington to Slough on the fast line is not effected by the Red Signal issue currently in scenario editor. Can get up to 125mph pretty quickly!

• Like Like x 3
  31. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

You see dtg has a "fix it now, release it later policy" so they tend to rush out products that don't even work properly. It's the dumbest business decision ever but hey they don't seem to understand that they should actually make sure things work instead of releasing a buggy product. I mean how many times has DTG Natster apologized for issues that could've been fixed before release. She shouldn't have to apologize for bugs that are so clear as day and can be fixed before release. It's so stupid to be honest and this really needs to stop dovetail.

• Like Like x 2
  32. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Constantly getting cracks and pops in the audio when driving the HST now. It's annoying. Even without headphones you can hear it clearly.

• Like Like x 4