PlayStation Gwe 166 Audio

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by xblackwolf90, Nov 5, 2020.

1. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I used to really enjoy GWE, but in TSW2020, I always found the audio a bit hit and miss in the class 166.

The engine sounds were extremely quiet in the cab, but very loud in the middle carriage.

So, I was really interested to see how this would pan out after TrainSim-Adam mentioned in one of the roadmap Tuesday streams, they were focusing heavily in audio balance this time round.

I can say that for me at least, the audio balance is like night and day in TSW2. The engine sounds in the 166 are at a really good level and well balanced across the whole train. I can hear the engine in the cab now! There's also some real depth to the sound, making it feel much more authentic than before.

Hopefully everyone else's experience is as positive as mine, and it's also made me really hopeful that DTG are taking onboard the feedback about the poor audio in some of the preserved routes. If they can update the audio balance on the other preserved routes that have already been released to this level, it's going to be great.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I agree the class 43 also feels improved in the sound department. Visuals seem somehow more colourful too.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The sound is much improved on GWE in TSW 2. My only criticism so far is that at maximum speed in the 166, the engine sound is a bit drony, but if that’s true to life, it’s true to life.

• Like Like x 2