U.s. Intermodal, Boxcar, Center Beam And Grain Car Duties.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jaesynthetikvita, Nov 5, 2020.

1. jaesynthetikvita

jaesynthetikvita Member

Not so much of a route idea, but additions to duties on any potential future US routes in which they can be incorporated.
    Being that the intermodal, box, grain, and center beam cars have been in the game for a while, it would be nice to have something to do with them, other than push/pull them around and drop them off on sidings/in yards.
    It would be neat to see an Intermodal yard, where we have to have the containers removed, as we would to go through a coal loading facility for the coal cars.
    With the box cars, it would be cool to have warehouses where we may have to drop them on sidings.
    And the same could be done with the grain cars, as the existing coal cars.
    I feel it would be more immersive to deliver product to customer sidings, rather than just leaving cars in yards.
    Center beam cars from lumber yards, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

Yea, I'd love to see more routes that have local delivery senarios/services. I was rather disappointed that Oakville didn't have any services for delivering various freight cars to the local spurs that are all over the route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

An intermodal yard in game would be amazing. A US route in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, Florida, or the Gulf Coast would allow these operations to be integrated. If added, I'd want the cranes to be fully operational so players can load or unload the cars.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

It would be neat if they added a function where the players could do the loading themselves. You know, like actually controlling the cranes!

• Like Like x 1
  5. jaesynthetikvita

jaesynthetikvita Member

Same here!
    All these spurs that surely have deliverable "customers".
    They did such a good job with having us fill the tankers and coal/aggregate hoppers.
    No reason why there can't be implementations for the others.

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Could be possible in Cane Creek if the route comes with the Uranium Tailing trains and the crane in Moab. Not sure how the containers will appear though. (Magic respawning trucks maybe?)
    utah.jpg
    025_IMG_972-1024x683.jpg
    Moab-UMTRA-05-700x559.jpg

• Like Like x 2