Route Proposal-hope Valley Line-manchester Piccadilly To Sheffield

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zakbevington, Nov 5, 2020.

1. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

Opened in 1894 the hope valley Line was and still is vital for both freight and passengers across the north.

Services on the route

Trans Pennine Express class 185s from Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield calling at
    Stockport and Sheffield ( Dore&totley) Peak hours

East Midlands railway class 158s same as above

Northern trains class 150/156 Calling at all stations

Along with the infamous class 66 from Hope sidings to the rest of the country

Operational speed:90 mph
    Line length:32 miles

Stops on the route:found in https://forums.dovetailgames.com/at...2/?temp_hash=165d8c99e1be73305939b2a524b64be3

There’s 3 depots in Manchester these are ( Ardwick T.M.D. For 185s) longsight & Stockport both for northern trains

Scenarios I’ve thought of:

Disley tunnel detour-take charge of this East Midlands railway service from Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield.You have been diverted via reddish due to a landslide near Disley tunnel

Trans pennine rush-take charge of this class 185 Desiro between Sheffield and Manchester. Be aware of the signals as a freight train isn’t far in front of you

Let’s hope it’s on time-take charge of this class 66 locomotive from hope Earls sidings as far as Sheffield but expect a fault on the train

South trans pennine commuter- drive this northern trains all stopper service from Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly via reddish north

Football day-your in charge to take a special service from Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly non stop for the travelling Sheffield United fans as they play against Manchester United using 3 northern trains class 156s

Please dovetail. Make this happen!

Any feedback/ideas would be greatly appreciated thankyou

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

Its not a bad idea but a more rural route for the UK would be nice as we don't have a modern one of them yet. However you want sprinters so I'm a happy man

3. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I really like this idea. TS20xx has the Woodhead route, so the Hope Valley could do with some love too. I have travelled the line so many times, and never got fed up of it.

Your scenario for the TPX running behind a late 66 seems to have been something that has happened on more than one occasion. So that is a very true thing.

Also flying through Edale and the Peak district in a 185 would be great too. Although they will have to somehow have the train to bounce in the middle of Cowburn Tunnel.

You also can add the depot at Sheffield too which used to have pacers sitting around.

4. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

Who would want to see this route in the game?

5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I'd be more than happy to see it.

• Like Like x 1