Eurostar?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Information boards pls, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Information boards pls

Information boards pls New Member

I think a Eurostar add-on for the future TGV and/or Southeastern High Speed lines would be very cool, especially E300s. I've heard that licensing is hard though, so if that's the problem then maybe not

• Like Like x 5
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I'd like that very much. I made a suggestion thread about this a long time ago, suggesting the complete Eurostar line from NL through BE, FR to UK. It would not be ease though as all those different countries have their own rules and signalling.

• Like Like x 3
  3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Considering that Thalys will buy Eurostar (merge actually) it may get a bit easier in the future and maybe we get both in game eventually

• Like Like x 3
  4. Swedewagon

Swedewagon Well-Known Member

Unfortunately as of now, DTG can't get the licensing from Eurostar. Though Eurostar and Thalys will merge together in the near future, with SNCF owning parts of both. So post-merge, we would have some hope at least, as we already have a LGV route that's in productionn. I'd suggest sticking to London-Paris, as BAL and TVM 430 will be implemented on both London-Faversham (out of the tunnel and on the approach to St. Pancras station, and HS1 respectively) and LGV Méditerranée (on the classic/conventional line on the approach towards Marseille, and the actual LGV route respectively).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Information boards pls

Information boards pls New Member

Ah that makes sense, yeah for now I'll just hope that one day they'll join TSW 2 and beyond. Either that or I finally just get Train Simulator 2020-

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really want to see the e300 at least come to TSW 2. They are such a great train (especially love the whoop whoop whoop as it passes by) and with them being scrapped and retired, I don't think it'll be too much longer before they are gone from the real world, so to have it in TSW 2 to live on forever in the sim would be awesome. I wouldn't even mind if there wasn't a dedicated route for them, just have them in game would still be cool. The e320 would be cool to see too, but the e300 is much better if you ask me. Also, we'll probably eventually see the ICE 4 come to TSW 2 at some point, and while it wouldn't be the same, you could use the livery editor to get rather close to the e320 with the ICE 4.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Ice 4 is coming to tsw 2 ??

8. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

No, nothing is confirmed. I was just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it comes eventually

9. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

As a heads up, there will be a SEHS route at some point in the near future. It is on the roadmap under In Production so I'f expect it at around Christmas, if not earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Swedewagon

Swedewagon Well-Known Member

Yup. London-Faversham. I do hope they include the Sheerness Branch in there too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

And swanscombe and northfleet station aswell

12. camdwyer117

camdwyer117 New Member

Southeastern is arriving with st Pancras I do want Eurostar and East Midlands trains

• Like Like x 1