PlayStation Could Tsw2 Run At 60fps?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Digital foundry have tested backwards compatibility on some PS4 games (but obviously not all) on the PS5 and they found all games tested including games that struggled with 30fps were all running super smooth at 60fps if the frame rate was unlocked and a perfect 30 if games were locked to 30,

DTG have a dev kit, I would love to know how their testing has been going so far and can they confirm any frame rate improvements?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They are not currently discussing or announcing anything to do with next generation consoles at present. They have said that when they have any news they will let us know.

I am much more concerned with how they are getting on with making their content work on the consoles they are actually releasing it for. I think they are too because they have to.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Someone’s posted a video of the game running on the Series X over in the Xbox forum and it’s running at a smooth 60fps, I would expect it to perform the same on the PS5.

I’m hoping the game will get a console update for the next-gen consoles eventually that bring graphical settings up to PC Ultra settings.

Ultra, 60fps & mouse support would be the dream! ;)

• Like Like x 7
  4. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Very encouraging news on the Xbox front and yes, mouse support would be a very welcome enhancement

• Like Like x 4
  6. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Honestly a lot of routes seem to be hitting 60fps on my standard PS4. It's just that some routes are inconsistent. I've barely played HMA yet because whenever there's more than one train in your vicinity the framerate seems to take a nosedive.

I'm just hoping that better optimisation comes for these routes with the next generation.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I’m using an original PS4 and using the frame rate counter never seen anything close to 60fps, 40fps yes but NEVER 60fps I have however seen 25fps on many occasions unfortunately though

• Like Like x 3
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

If the PS4 version's framerates is uncapped, there is no reason for it not to run at 60fps. I don't know much about the PS4 Pro version, but its higher resolution (1800p?) should still be available in the PS5 in PS4 Pro mode.

• Like Like x 2
  9. james64

For TSW2 I get 60fps on GWE, IOW, and WSR, and other routes sometimes hit 60fps but are more inconsistent. I don't have a framerate counter admittedly, but I've played more than enough games on the console to know what 60fps looks like.

I am technically on a PS4 Slim and not an original PS4, but I doubt that has any bearing on anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

TSW2 has a built in frame rate counter that can be accessed if you have a keyboard, I’m using their own tools to know what my frame rate is and I would be shocked if you were getting anywhere near 60fps to be honest, my 25/40 is definitely about right in my case because I get stutter and frames completely freezing for up to a second or so, my frame rate is totally inconsistent and all over the place on most routes tbh

• Like Like x 4
  11. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

same

• Like Like x 1
  12. james64

Ah I see. I don't have access to a keyboard to use unfortunately so I guess it'll remain a mystery for me.

Even so, I remain convinced that some routes are at 60fps, at least while free roaming and when not at high speeds.

I have to agree about the game stuttering occasionally and stopping for a couple seconds though. It's easily the most irritating thing about the game's performance, and it bothers me much more than a low framerate.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I know not everyone will be jumping in to get a next generation console yet but what a fantastic bonus for DTG if a new console vastly improves the overall experience for them, 60fps on every route would make the whole experience far more appealing to everyone, devs and us customers alike

• Like Like x 1