T-keybind From Train Simulator

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

How long do I need to wait before I will finally be able to open the doors with a simple press of a key, like good old Train Simulator? Pretty sure I'm not the only one who've been wanting such a keybind ever since GWE released 3 years ago...

• Like Like x 5
  2. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

In my opinion a key press would be great, but TSW has a long way to go before it has the authenticity of TS2012, yesterday I drove a train from Manchester to Leeds the streets and buildings did not contain a single human being, how is that for realism?.
    Getting back to your point you already have to press tab to bing up that silly in my opinion icon. so why not just have a single button as you say like TS2021.

3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I also liked the old T key style, but as they decided to go into the consoles venture they need to use that kind of menus to make that compatible with consoles I guess.

What I do is to map most of the keys pressings to an external Arduino button box I built myself, but any hardware that supports macro programming can be used. You can use the following sequences for the doors:

- Right door: TAB + Up Arrow + ENTER
    - Left door: TAB + Up Arrow + Left Arrow + ENTER

And also for the dispatcher signal override you can use: TAB + Up Arrow + Up Arrow + Up Arrow + ENTER

With those you can just press the button once and the action will be sent to game. This is what I used in my Train Dispatcher Radio tool to generate the override instruction from an external software.

Cheers

4. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

An Armstong Powerhouse approach would be better in my opinion so T & O keys to open right. T & U keys to open left and then the R key to close doors.