PlayStation Roadmap - New Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Oct 30, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Considering the following new routes mentioned on the roadmap, these are my thoughts:

> Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras - Faversham:
    It seems to be interesting for me!.
    New high speed UK train BR395 , - which I was waiting for! - , plus the regional train BR375.
    Furthermore with Scenario Planner we could run the GWR ones, and DB UK freights too.
    Not even considering you could use ICE 3 there, and other DB electric trains ;)

> Cane Creek. With UP AC4400CW & SD40-2
    As I love US heavy freight trains, I hope this route be interesting.
    Length does not seems to be long enough for this kind of trains, but may be due to the landscape could be interesting.
    It is a pity, despite will be made by third company, the locomotives will be exactly the same models we already have from DTG on CSX SPG. UP scheme apart from welcome, it would be better to have at least a newer GE EVO locomotive like and ES44AC, or the also requested SD70ACE!. At least I expect to have new freigth cars...
    As locomotives are the most important thing when simulating a train.
    Hope finally will be a nice surprise!

> LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon.
    Despite I like TGV very much, and would like to drive it - as I did on Open rails - , this will be the only train available for this route. So timetables will be only high speed from Marseille to Avignon and viceversa, and may be some of them will stop at Aix en Provence - the only TGV station in between.
    Route length is 84 km, but this high speed train goes at faster speed, near 300 km/h!
    Checking the real thing the time between both stations will be just 20 minutes!
    Even as we do not have other kind of trains, will be no special situations during the run, like waiting for a red light, as this kind of trains run on defined schedule, so no other trains "bothering" during the ride.
    Even there is no other model of TGV available. For example Duplex plus the single deck one.
    Furthermore we do not have other french trains, to use on this route, even this is specifically for high speed.

Only alternative will be create with Scenario Planner and Out of the Rails, runs with the ICE or even the BR 395 if you have the Brithish HSL.

Let's see, when be available

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

My concern with Cane Creek would be the lack of activity depending on how long the route is, as the branch line only sees the once a week local, and the Uranium tiling trains whenever those run, meaning it would be a very quiet line with little to no traffic.

I have made a few suggestions for it, hoping for a little more from the route, such as adding the mainline for about 20 or so miles to add some other services aside from the local trains.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/cane-creek-branch-suggestions-and-dlc-ideas.27594/

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. grdaniel48

Yes, I noticed that issue too.
    Only way is to make your own Scenario for this route - like on others too - adding more trains.
    It is a pity we can not share it!
    So the community could help each other to have more fun on different routes, making different Scenarios and Liveries.

4. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

If DTG makes the BR406 to have also KVB and TVM430, and also be able to operate on 1,5KV DC, 3KV DC and 25KV AC LGV line, then it could also be able to run that route without problems.
    And the TGV Duplex if it comes with also PZB and LZB, then it could be used on german routes too just like the Paris- Frankfurt route. (The Aachen-Köln route is being used by Thalys trains)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. grdaniel48

Marverick,
    Yes you are right.
    You could use TGV Duplex on german routes too, without PZB and LZB ;)
    But I do not know if there will be a problem with the Duplex due to its height, in some tunnel...

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Don't forget Clinchfield. Really looking forward to firing up those F7's!!

7. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I was going to say that they could add Class 375's onto GWR to fill in for the Class 387, but after doing some research, the Class 387 only runs on Third Rail/Pantograph. The version of GWR in TSW isn't electrified.

8. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I assume there's a roadmap today? Nothing posted yet on the roadmap website

9. ZeenozPlays

It releases at 12 PM Est.
    In other words, 1 and a half hours.

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I won be purchasing the newly announced american routes since thay are all frieght routes. I have no intrest in freight services

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

Me either. Good for you if you like frieght, but I'm more of a Commuter/Subway type of person. Cane Creek does look interesting though.

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I won’t be buying the freight specific routes. The only time I’ve played Sand Patch Grade was to run a Class 66 over it to see what the route was like. I’m definitely a passenger train driver, although the occasional freight route on TVL and the German routes is fun too.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Thanks for confirming. Hoping one of the new routes or locos from DTG makes it to the next arrival section...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maverick_ng

There shouldn't be any problem with height as the dosto cars are around the same height too.
    BTW, on PZB routes the TGV can be driven without PZB, Applying the same rules and simulating all the aspects. But on LZB at high speed the situation is different as we could be champions @ SPAD. ROFL xD

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

I understand your point, but if it is possible we'd like to have it as simulating is not as good as the real thing!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maverick_ng

Yes, and that's why DTG should make the units as real as it gets, like the BR406 to be multivoltage and multisystem. Maybe some blueprints from Siemens would be an even better help than Deutsche Bahn.
    For the TGV, all info from SNCF, RFF and Alstom should do the real deal on systems.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. grdaniel48

Guys, thanks for your comments!

About what you have mentioned:

- As to type of trains, of course everybody it has its own "taste" about it.
    Some only like passenger, others freights, others subways, others shunting, etc.
    This is natural as it happens with other kind of simulators, like Flight Simulator where you have different kind of planes.
    In my case, I like both passenger - normal and high speed - and freight trains, and mainly USA and European ones. Not so much fan of subways, and either about shunting. But could be some few shunting movements to create your full train, but then get the main locomotive and make the run.

- As to drive only the "real thing", it is also similar. I like both. Real trains with real routes, but in order to have some variations and not repeat always the same route with the same trains, I would like to drive another trains. So I appreciate Scenario planner with Out of the rails feature
    Of course, as I have published on several post, with some reasonable criteria.

So everybody is free to enjoy the simulator as it wants.
    I believe this is great for our community!

18. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I think I am lucky in a way as I like them all. Sometimes I decide before I start the game up, but most of the time I start it up and then decide if it is a passenger, freight or shunting session. And if it is passenger some nights I want high speed but others I want something that involves a lot of stopping and chasing the timetable. And then there are a few nights when I have a mix up.

There isn't anything I don't like about it, but there have been times when I have not liked something at first. But then it soon grows on me, freight being one, I did not like any freight at first but now I often feel that I slightly prefer it.

19. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I'm on a se boat as you are. Me too prefer passenger routes

• Like Like x 1
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have spent the last few sessions over a couple of days in the SPG continuous switching scenario happily sorting wagons into rakes of the same kind in Cumberland Yard. It’s not the kind of thing I normally do but it’s been a refreshing change. I’ve been giving it a go to see if I might like the Oakville route for TSW2020 (and TSW2 of course) while the issues on PS4 in TSW2 preventing me drive certain other content make their way through the fixing factory. There’s also more reason to go back into the yards in NEC route which I only did briefly before.

I’m getting to enjoy all kinds of train stuff and the new US freight routes will add to that when I eventually get them. I’ve enjoyed SPG greatly, which I didn’t think I would prior to getting it. My favourites have always been passenger runs with a bit of distance between the stations and the older stopping trains like the 101. The German content has a good run out on my PS4 and I’m always going to like old British trains but to be honest I’m getting quite a lot out of all types of content. Some more fast trains coming too. I’m as happy in the ICE 3M as I am on the IOW route, so there’s nothing for me to complain about content wise (other than I want everything). Just how well it works when it’s released, that’s where things have been falling down for me. It’s a shame because I also want HMA but I can’t buy it yet, or anything else that comes out seriously flawed.