Ntp Not Saving Correctly

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Nov 8, 2020.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Doing a timetable run, approaching Huddersfield I had to save the game and come off. On reloading the objective marker had vanished off the end of the platform. When I stopped at Huddersfield and unlocked the doors the usual loading progression failed to spin, just the blank circle. When I closed the doors I got an objective complete bleep but the next station didn’t appear on the list or spawn as an objective marker, all I had on the top LHS was “Load Passengers” notation.

Anyone else had this or was I just unlucky?

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

It happens on a significant portion of the preserved routes. It is already on the roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

Ah thanks Winzy. Just that I rarely get time to do the end to end run in one session so reliable saving/loading is pretty much essential. I'll enjoy what I can for the time being.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hightower

hightower Guest

Most things don’t save correctly sadly. It’s been a long standing issue and one that I cannot believe hasn’t been fixed as the TSW franchise approaches its 4th birthday. 4 years and you still cannot save a game.

It’s not just Preserved Content either. Have you ever tried saving something with the Talent 2 on the Koln route? It is an unrecoverable mess.

5. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I've used Save on the Talent 2 (Köln-Aachen) a lot, mostly without problems. The only serious issue I've had is with a scenario that involves a return trip to Aachen - following a safe arrival at Aachen, I saved and, on trying to restore, found it was impossible to get the train to move forward.

6. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve had that exact issue, it’s because the train thinks the doors are open and there is nothing you can do about it.

It also doesn’t like it if you’re using SiFA, PZB or the tempromat. It can get itself in a real mess which is impossible to sort out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2020
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I have had several problems saving on NTP, haven't used it yet in TSW2 as waiting for the freight pack to be released as part of the preserved collection.

A agree though, I find it hard to believe it hasn't been looked into as it is so hit and miss I have given up on it, it seem pretty pointless having it there.

8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It is something of a mystery why this issue still exists. MSTS and TS are pretty reliable with saves but I save in TSW with trepidation. But, like many, I often don't have the time to complete a scenario or service in one session so I'm forced to take the chance. Like you say it's very hit and miss.

9. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

It's very rare I need to save a game but when required, I always try and make sure I come to a stop (if at a station, picked up passengers and closed doors) and turned all safety systems off. It's worked fine again when re-loaded but as I say, I don't know how full proof this is because I've only ever needed to save a handful of times.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. OldVern

Let's hope DTG fix this fairly quickly as I just bought RSN, to run with the new 363, with the same corrupted save issue ruining a timetable run. So not only can you not finish the current service, you can't reliably jump to another train either.

Shame, as the route and the 363 are really good.

11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I am unable to guarantee you a time for when you should expect a saved game fix, but this is being looked into as it's a problem across the board.

I can understand how that might not be the most reassuring, but this problem hasn't been forgotten.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. OldVern

Thanks Nat, appreciate this is being looked into.