Ntp In Tsw2 - Mostly Good

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Nov 7, 2020.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I just had a quick look at NTP and as suspected the route has come over very well into TSW2. It seems as if the 45 and 47 have both been given sound makeovers, nice crisp Brush strum compared to the earlier version. Hopefully the 40 will be joining the collection soon, too.

Only issue, well two actually, with sound are - 1. We seem to have lost reverb in the tunnels and under bridges. 2. The 45 has a very nice brake rubbing sound but this is not there on the 47.

I also had the second scenario fall down on me, with a red signal on the approach to Leeds and being told by the signaller I was off path (prior to that I’d had a set of the coloured red yellow green stop countdown markers appear in the middle of nowhere). I then loaded up a timetable run and so far all is well.

• Like Like x 3
  2. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Well, that's disappointing...
    I just tested it and you are right: the echo in the tunnel is gone :(
    I loved hearing the diesels rumble in the tunnels...
    I hope they fix it soon, but cannot understand how they missed such a thing. Just like with MSB and the banking services being bughged, or the 146 unable to reach it's top speed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

To me it seems like the reverb in the tunnels is gone on all rutes in TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  4. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Guys report all those topics to helpdesk so that they are not forgotten by devs. I didn´t have the change to test that route very deeply in TSW2 yet. Hopefully in the next days.

Cheers

5. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Indeed, the reverberations have disappeared in the tunnels since TSW2. What progress.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Did anybody try a 101 in snowy weather? I can't get this thing moving again when there's a gradient because of the adhesion/wheel slip :-\

7. oliverwest523

oliverwest523 New Member

I did try, Class 101 DMU wont move

8. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

A trick that can help is to apply some traction with either train brakes or parking brake partially applied and release brakes gradually. Only after you get the initial adhesion to keep train at its position is when you should start to increase power. This is sometimes needed with heavy trains when starting at slopes as well. But you need to avoid pushing power too quickly or wheels will slip. On the other hand if you release brakes too early train will slide backwards.

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Isle or Wight doesn't have tunnel reverberation either, something which does detract from the experience. It has been quite hit and miss in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  10. theorganist

Have just had a quick run in the 47 it certainly sounds good and the route looks good too. But, not only have the bridge and tunnel sound occlusions disappeared but I wasn't getting any sound over track joints or pointwork? Even coasting over points didn't give me any sounds. Has anyone else experienced that too?

• Like Like x 2
  11. OldVern

I'll test later but now you come to mention it...

The other (minor) item that seems to have vanished is the little acceleration/deceleration bar below the HUD speed readout.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

And its fixed it was underpowered in TSW, and would not haul the mail train up gradients of 0.8% at more than 40mph. Its now possible to complete this on time

13. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I just had a play with a 101 on Miles Platting Bank, in snow. I just used a little power to move it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have noticed that there is a lack of track sounds. With the outside camera I could hear the sound of the coach bogie but nothing from the three axle 47 bogie. In Morley tunnel heading towards Leeds I shut off power for the 50 mph limit and could hear the engine ticking over but even with the windows open, nothing to suggest I was running at 60 mph in a tunnel. Indeed, if it wasn't for the reading on the speedometer, you could easily have been sat stationary on a dark siding. The loco sounds much better though, it's a pleasure to drive now without ear defenders and I'm sure a fix will be in the pipeline. Hopefully.

• Like Like x 2
  15. theorganist

I am sure it will be fixed. Generally the track sounds are good in TSW it would be a shame if NTP lost them as it is an integral part of the experience whether lineside or on the train.

16. OldVern

I've submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk regarding the reverb issue.

• Like Like x 1
  17. theorganist

I have done so regarding track sounds

• Like Like x 2
  18. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too