PC Tsw Is The Performance Of The Game Based On Single Thread Performance

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by A Wilkinson, Feb 5, 2018.

1. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

I asked Alan who does streaming and he said TSW is based on single thread performance and i just wondered if that was true because i am gonna buy a new processor, motherboard and ram and just wanted to know, i seen the chart here for it https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
    i just wondered if i went above I7 4790 on the chart would i get overly the recommended performance of the game? i was looking at the I3 7350K which is near the top of the table, thanks for advice

2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

It is, developers have said it themselves. Simugraph engine which handles physics and various systems simulation is pretty much limited by single-threaded performance for now. Devs said they're trying to fix this, so perhaps we'll see improvements here sometime. Or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If you aren't searching hardware specifically and solely for TSW, I'd suggest not to look into single-thread performance that much. While i3 may be okay for most games for now, more and more of them begin to take advantage of multithreading. On the other hand, i7-4790 is quite ancient already. Perhaps something like i5-7600 at least?

3. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

Thanks i am gonna try and get something multi core because of the future of the game

4. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

I have a i7 8700k and I still get frame drops so I wouldn't expect any other CPU to run this game smoothly. It just isn't optimised enough and it's buggy

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1