Latest Tsw 2 Update Takes Up Way Too Much Space On My Ssd

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Blije Computer, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Blije Computer

Blije Computer Member

So TSW 2 recieved an update lately, yet again one of the 9.9 GB updates that seemingly add nothing, but alright, steam auto-updates it when i try to play it and it starts off with 9.9 GB, after letting it download in the background for a bit it magically turns to 12.9 GB, this is already weird but ok.
    But now it has gone up to 20.9 GB and it is starting to completely fill my SSD with even more than it is downloading (1 GB on steam takes up around 6 GB on my SSD). Is this a bug? Because i really don't know what is happening and i can no longer play TSW 2 because it is unable to update as result of a lack of storage

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Same here. this week's update permanently took up 25GB of my HD. I will be able to delete TSW2020 once and for all when I get the heavy freight pack, but I have raised before the issues of downloads taking ages and needing large empty spaces on HDs in order to install, so some focus on optimising space and size of the files would be very welcome.

3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

You must be lucky! My 9GB update used over 50GB of space when updating.

4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Yes when in the process of updating it takes up about 50GB with swap files etc but normally this goes back down again after it is finished, I am wondering whether some files have not cleaned up properly this time.

5. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me. I did the update with 80gb on my SSD, and it wouldn't update. Just said disk full. In the end I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and had no problems. Problem is if this is going to happen everytime an update is done, I am going to really struggle.