V2 On Woodhead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doomotron, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I bought Netherfield for the V2 (I have no idea why the original was removed, so those are some scenarios I can never play) and when I played a scenario with the Robinson 04, I found that the V2 from Netherfield had somehow managed to make its way onto Woodhead, presumably replacing the 8F. How and why did this happen?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

3. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

P749
    Interestingly the V2 scenarios on my Woodhead install use the JUST Trains LNER V2 Advanced Steam Loco, with other scenarios for
    Weardale & Teesdale Network Route Add-On
    East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On
    Settle to Carlisle Route Add-On
    Riviera Line in the Fifties
    Whereas the DTG version of the V2 seems to have only the W & T route scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doomotron

The V2 in Netherfield is not the original V2 pack, neither is it the JustTrains V2, so it does not contain any scenarios. The 8F in Woodhead also isn't part of the 8F pack. Both the original V2 and 8F packs are discontinued, but for some reason the original 8F pack was included in Netherfield, and the original V2 wasn't (instead they made a reskin (I think) for the original, but didn't include the original pack, which would have been great.
    1. The 8F included in Woodhead isn't the original 8F pack, so doesn't come with all of its scenarios.
    2. The original 8F pack, despite being discontinued, is included in Netherfield. This means I have recieved the scenarios for the 8F as well, in a similar way to how I got the DT Mk1 scenarios by buying the Class 77 pack.
    3. The V2 included in Netherfield is not the original pack. It is a reskin (presumably) of the original, but does not include the original package, so I can't get the original V2 scenarios. I find it odd that they chose to include the original 8F pack but not the original V2 pack.
    4. The V2s I saw on Woodhead were from Netherfield, and the the scenario was from the Robinson 04 pack. I have no idea why the V2s are there, since they're not inlcuded in either the Robinson 04 or Woodhead packs. I presume that they've somehow replaced the 8Fs or 76s in the scenarios, since it is extremely unlikely the scenarios specifically include the V2s.
    5. I'm sure it was just a minor mistake, but the link you sent doesn't include either V2.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Last bit first - yes no V2 - my bad.
    It was the B1 I was thinking about for Woodhead where the Scenarios are separate.

Which Scenarios with the Class 77 Pack have DT Mk1 coaches?
    Those I have all seem to use coaches from railworks\Assets\RSC\Woodhead\RailVehicles\Passenger

• Like Like x 1
  6. pgdlrailworksl

pgdlrailworksl Member

There is/was a black V2 in the Robinson04Pack01 as 'RO4 V2 Engine BR Black'. I think it was a bonus item and was surprised to find it in the pick list.

• Like Like x 2
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I was about to say the same. It was a nice bonus at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I think the V2 included with the O4 is the same model that appears in LNER green as Green Arrow in the Settle-Carlisle Steam Specials pack. A pretty basic model but good looking and worth having especially as a freebie with a loco' that's usually two or three quid in sales anyway. The odd thing is there's one number- I noticed when driving it in W&T the other day and took the opportunity to get a screenshot of two V2s passing each other... except they were the same V2.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Because the V2 is in the S&C Steam Specials pack you only get one number - the mainline version.
    I don't have it to check but the loco should have a numbers.dscv file just showing the one loco
    Like the Jubilee from S&C
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <cCSVArray xmlns:d="http://www.kuju.com/TnT/2003/Delta" d:version="1.0" d:id="1632748">
    <CSVItem>
    <cCSVItem d:id="64826608">
    <X d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000000" d:precision="string">0.000000</X>
    <Y d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000000" d:precision="string">0.000000</Y>
    <Name d:type="cDeltaString">A##5k5690</Name>
    </cCSVItem>
    </CSVItem>
    </cCSVArray>
    It only generates 5690 even if more that one appear in a Quick Drive

So it should be possible to add other numbers but I'm unsure about the Nameplate

Peter

10. Doomotron

May I ask what livery/ies were included in the original V2 pack, if anyone has it?
    I believe there's two or three scenarios, and they're for the original ECML and Somerset and Dorset. There might be one for the GWML as well, but I might be confusing that with the Mk2E pack.
    That would explain why it appeared in the original scenario. Thanks.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Back to the Question -
    Why would there be Scenarios for the Class 77 - a 1500v DC Electric on either the ECML or the Somerset and Dorset (which is not electrified)
    I think you are getting a bit mixed up as to what a Class 77 is

12. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Yeah- that one's specifically Green Arrow and of course there's only one Green Arrow.

You must be right- I've just driven another O4 scenario on the Woodhead route and the V2s on AI traffic did have different numbers. There must have been something squiffy about the other scenario I mentioned. It would explain why I didn't notice such an oddity earlier.

13. Doomotron

The scenarios in the 76/77 pack (the Class 77 is effectively an upgraded version of the 76, and the pack also includes some reskinned 76s) are all for Woodhead. However, the Class 76/77 pack also contains the Mark 1 pack, which has completely separate scenarios for the ECML and S&D. It works similarly to Netherfield, where you get the route and scenarios, but buying it also gives you the DLCs for all the locos, with their own scenarios, as all the scenarios for Netherfield require these trains. The 76/77 scenarios use the Mark 1s from the Mark 1 pack.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Can you tell me which default scenarios for the Class 77 use DT Mk1 coaches?
    I have not found any yet - all mine seem to have the default Kuju coaches