Ntp Class 47 Brake

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bescot, Nov 9, 2020.

1. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Hi,

First time caller, long time lurker here. I had TSW1 installed from day 1, but have only just bought TSW2. It's nice that the NTP the trains are updated, but I noticed the same two problems occurs with the brake as before the update.

-The loco brake over a period of time will bleed on, I'm having to check it every few minutes then release it (by the train brake handle).

-When making an initial *train* brake application the the loco bogie brake gauge shows something like 30-40 psi rather than 10-20, if you release and then reapply, it will apply even more.

Not seen anyone else mention this, but it's enough to slow the train much faster than is realistic.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Interesting. I know I had to hold it in the Release/Overcharge position to get the brake cylinders all the way down to 0.

3. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Hi Vern, Hope you are okay! It's Steve G from the BVE days. OT, but do you ever hear from Jason M?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I have spotted this on PS4 before now too.
    I try to imagine it as a loco with a fault I have to manage.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Hi Steve! Yes Jason and I still keep in touch, he posts at Trainsim dot com now and again. He introduced me to Derail Valley. I’m now some two years retired from the real railway. As regards the sim side of things, not so much on the route building these days (old hands and eyes) but enjoy driving what others have created, hence my enthusiasm for TSW2. A sim where we can walk round the stations and change trains is something we could only dream about back in the early ‘00s, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  6. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Good to hear Vern. I'm still with the railway, some 27 years in March - what is now WMT, see how long things last with the state of this country though! I've done a fair bit of tinkering with classic TS, but like TSW for the timetable feature and I love the DB stuff. Sorry for going off topic but for the new (younger) guys and girls, Vern ran what was probably the very first website/forum for rail sims back in the day!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've had problems with this. I remember it was caused by people inadvertently putting the brakes into release when using the L1 button on the PS4 controller. You have to be very careful when releasing the brakes that you don't go into release by mistake. If you do, the brakes will do the things you describe above. A simple fix for this would be if they could reduce the sensitivity of the L1 button such that a button press of longer than say 2 seconds would be needed to put the brakes into release. Any press shorter than 2 seconds would select the running position. I guess the same could be applied to the relevant button on a PC keyboard.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  8. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

Hi Steve it’s Jason, nice to see you on here, I do keep an eye on these forums but don’t post much.
    I still think back to those days of discovering BVE, good times we all had.

I have also recently just got TSW2 and agree about the class 47 brakes, something not quite right with them.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've experienced both these problems, and reported them to the Technical Reports forum

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/class-47-brake-pressure-on-northern-trans-pennine.31093/

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/class-47-brakes-not-working-properly.30940/

• Like Like x 1