Devs Please Read: Terrible Signaling Errors

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by geloxo, Nov 9, 2020.

1. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I have reported a ton of incidences during the past weeks, trying to be constructive and supportive. But there are some things that need to change here. The following errors are existing in the routes since they were released (maybe more than 1 or 2 years ago), and have never been corrected:

LIRR has a exit signal at Hemsped that turns off as soon as you enter the block
    Hempsted.png

Main-Spessart Bahn has a missing 70km speed limit for the whole tunnel + station in Heigenbrücken:
    Heigenbrücken.png

Rhein-Ruhr Osten has a missing signal but the magnet exists (yes, the most serious error I have seen so far) at Wuppertal. If you din´t notice that it will produce a emergency brake application when passing the magnet.

Wuppertal.png

Exist signal at Wuppertal-Steinberk gives a 1000Hz magnet when being at clear aspect for some BR185.5 services, producing an unexpected brake application without any warning.

Signal.png

I perfectly remember the first two since day 1 of those route releases, and that was really a long time ago. The others not as I just got the route recently in a sale. Those issues seriously affect gameplay, as they produce inconsistent indications, and most likely generate a bunch of error reports from users if they didn´t notice what was happening there, claiming PZB not to work in general or whatever.

I included detailed reports about them in the tickets I sent some days ago, in order to help you. But please take the time to solve them. It´s simply not acceptable that those things are there for so long and nobody took care to fix them. That was one of the reasons why I gave up with TSW last time and parked game for more than 1 year, as it was frustrating to see old things never solved. I don´t care if we have to download the whole route again three times, but those things need to come as hotfixes as soon as they are reported by users and confirmed to be errors.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Ah, so I am not crazy about the zwangsbremsung phantoms at Wuppertal. I had wondered why, on separate occasions, I had been penalised by both of those defects. It even happened to the Professor himself at the very end of a recent stream.

Thank you for sharing.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You are welcome mate. Maybe too. I just quick viewed it not completely, but in the cases I saw they missed to acknowledge signals or speed boards. There was also a 45km/h overspeed at the starting which is the expeted behaviour too.

I know game is complex, and also nice to use it, that´s why I like it. But I was just just able to see the errors in the first TSW2 ride on those routes. I mean, it was a matter of minutes to test those things.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is a stop board on the line (to the left of the track) which acts as a signal at danger. You must stop and ask the signaller for permission to proceed. It’s not an error.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Exactly, that one is not an error. Is the standard procedure... see my newbie guide on that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2074178080

This is not a bug, this is how speed limits are handled currently (and probably forever)... the HUD shows the route limit, not the signal-imposed limit.

The other two seem legit bugs.

Generally speaking, all comes to little to no documentation from DTG.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Replaces the entrance signal with the stop signal. This is not a mistake.
    upload_2020-11-9_12-7-51.png

• Like Like x 5
  7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

upload_2020-11-9_12-17-10.png

• Like Like x 5
  8. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys. I didn´t find that on the route manual. I don´t know all details about PZB as it´s not the native system in my country.

I will write it down for me ;)

Cheers

9. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I can confirm, this sign marks a 2000Hz Magnet.

Signal image
    A white trapezoidal panel with a black border on a black and white diagonally striped pole. The trapezoidal panel is placed in front of stations without entry signals, on lines with train control it can also be placed in front of other train running points. On main lines there is a board below the trapezoid with an exact kilometer indication with three decimal places. It was introduced in the course of increasing safety by retrofitting punctual train control and serves to mark the location of the 2000 Hz magnet. The driver is informed of the location of the plate in the command, which made it necessary to supplement the kilometre indication.

Meaning
    Indicates the point at which certain trains have to stop in front of an operating station (usually as a boundary of stations). The staff of the trains concerned are informed of this by the timetable or by a written order. Usually it concerns the second arriving train at stations without local staff and with locally operated switches, if a train crossing is to take place there. On main lines, the trapezoidal panel serves as a substitute for non-existent entry signals on the opposite track. When trains are running on the opposite track with command, they must stop at the level of the location of the entry signal on the control track. This signal is not necessarily visible from the opposite track, for example when there are vehicles on the control track or when both tracks are not directly adjacent.

(Translated with DeepL)

10. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Another one, just found at milepost 133, in the south brach (the one used by freight). Speed limit shows 160km/h but board displays a 0, not a 16. Is this also a special german signaling or an error? Please confirm if you know it.

Error.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

There are more 0s, bug and reported s year ago

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The Bakerloo Line, enjoyable as it is, has no cautionary aspects display at signals on the NR sections, you go straight off a green onto a red - should be a single yellow (3 aspect) or double yellow then single yellow (4 aspect). I will have to run it again but I'm also certain on the LUL tube section there should be repeater (distant) signals not just straight off a green on to a red.

13. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Three more terrific issues reported during last days, all against any known safety regulations :D

PZB not supervising max permitted speed
    Error O mode.jpg

All Oakville hand point machines displaying proceed plate (green) when switch is set to diverging route. Both the upper and bottom plates should be displaying yellows, to indicate that switch is not the in the nominal position.

Game.jpg

Phantom signals at Penn Station displaying all aspects at once. I remember having seen this one ages ago, and it´s still here.

Error.jpg

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Which route, Rapid Transit?
    In this case you are lucky, because like I pass the 165km/h, after about 5 seconds of overspeed alarm (G), LZB (bremstrenzug..ehm...emergency brake S) kicked me down! :D

Train Sim World 2® 2020-11-14 16-23-24.png

15. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

The PZB one is quite odd, as it´s not reproduced everytime. I have seen that system works well with all PZB modes and their related max speeds, but sometimes it simply does not work. Even if you reverse the 1000Hz is not blinking. When PZB comes into this failure the overspeed is only detected after passing a 1000Hz magnet. I saw this a couple of times also in MSB with BR146 locomotive, but as I say, it´s not always reproduced.

Cheers

16. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

But do you still play a little from time to time or not? :D:D:D

I've never seen that, you are amazing.
    DTG you have the worst guy in the world chasing you

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2020
  17. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

There are unfortunately loads of errors on all (German) routes for sure! It always sounds funny when they talk about quality checks on the stream and then we get this. And nothing changes unfortunately. Maybe TrainSim-Adam will eventually look at those things now that all preserved collection is out, but I would highly doubt that is ever going to change (since it is not a game breaker, "just" an immersion breaker). I have high hopes this gets fixed and I would love to support with that, but I've somewhat given up hoping for fixes. However the routes are when released, that's what we will have to accept and live with I fear.

18. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

To be honest I decided to give them my best support out of my knowledge mainly in an attempt that they are definitely able to address most of the forgotten issues and odd things I have seen during years. That was the reason why I quit using the game like 1 year ago, cause it was frustrating. In the past weeks I have reported like 100 tickets, just by taking a couple of rides in each route and exploring the topics, features and areas which I know were problematic in the past. Our dear Chris from customer support will probably have nightmares with me :o:D:D, but I think this is a win-win situation for all of us.

On the other hand I like this game a lot, and I want to have the best out of it, cause when things work well, which despite criticism is the normal situation, this product can be really amazing, in plain words. I think the creators also deserve to be able to have a clean product, error free and be able to feel good about it, cause they really dedicate quite a lot of effort to produce it.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

It's funny that you mention Rapid Transit because I went back to it after downloading a few scenarios from Rail-Sim.de and it is actually quite enjoyable and a bit of a missed opportunity, really. There are a few bugs on there that have tripped me up, mostly PZB related, but it is a nice change of scenery.

1. At Wolfen (Bitterfeld) Southbound, there is no warning of the upcoming speed restriction from 140km/h to 120km/h, and you will be penalised by the Geschwindigkeitsprüfeinrichtung if you are going over 135km/h before the reduction. So the PZB is operating correctly here, but there is no yellow warning signboard.
    [​IMG]

2. Just north of Bitterfeld, when splitting from the other line, there is a Ks 1+Zs 3+Zs 3v signal showing the previous 60km/h warning coming into effect with a 100km/h block coming up. However for some reason the 1000Hz is activated here and if you don't acknowledge you get a Zwangsbremsung. Here I have acknowledged the signal and the 1000Hz indicator lights up.
    upload_2020-11-14_13-30-22.png
    upload_2020-11-14_13-31-6.png

I'm sure there are a few others but these are the ones that interrupted my southbound run.

Anyway, Rapid Transit is actually quite a nice route since it has been updated from its original form. If only it had a proper Leipzig station and LZB implemented it would be a very strong route in my opinion. :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

True, it´s a nice route for german content. I hope we can at somepoint use the yards and sidings for shunting. There are quite a lot, and now we have 2 shunters available but no depot operations are currently available there.

Don´t miss to report those errors to devs. I have also seen one related to a 1000Hz that I think it shouldn´t be given by one flashing green signal.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020