PlayStation Gwe Class 43 Throttle Notch 1 & 2 Same Power

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stujoy, Nov 5, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Class 43 in GWE in TSW2

The power applied is the same in notch 1 and notch 2 on the throttle.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mg05stewc

mg05stewc New Member

huh, this could be the root of the fact that the HST fails to perform at speed. a duplicate notch could mean we are not getting a real notch 5 explaining the struggle to reach and surpass the 125 mph mark

3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I'm just not seeing these problems at all. Notches are different to me and I can surpass 125 without hassle. Ps4

4. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I believe this was mentioned in a few other threads, whereby an old bug has resurfaced on the release of GWE in the preserved collection. There will be instances where the rear loco in the HST is shut off, therefore it makes it difficult to reach top speed without the extra power.
    I don't think these two issues are related

5. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I also am not seeing these problems with the class 43 on GWE in TSW2.

6. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

The Class 43 works perfectly for me. Notch 1 & 2 have different power, you can notice and hear it clearly, also the amps are changing.
    At 0.1% slope it took me 12 miles to reach 125 mph and if I didn't switch back to notch 4, the Class 43 could go much faster.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  7. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Working as it should here too. Able to get up to 125 either side of Slough, stopping at Slough.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Notch 1 & 2 definitely have the same power for me. This is in timetable mode by the way, haven’t done any scenarios. The same amps reading on both the cab dial and the HUD. I’m going to have to have another look and see if there are any different circumstances where it’s occurring and not occurring. I’ll also have a look in TSW2020 and see what happens there. I’ll also compare the performance while I’m doing it and report back. It might take a while.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sequencer2k16

Hey stujoy, we are both right. ;)

Today I discovered something new in the scenario "Christmas Closures" where i had to change the locos.
    The loco towards Ealing Broadway works as it should, Notch 1 & 2 have different power and also the amps are displayed correctly.
    1.jpg 2.jpg

In Ealing Broadway I had to change the locos for the return trip to Slough.
    Notch 1 behaves like Notch 2 and both have the same power and show the same amps.
    3.jpg 4.jpg

It seems that this issue only occurs in one of the two locos,
    unfortunately there are no numbers and therefore I can't tell which loco is A and which is B.

By the way, the AI towards Ealing Broadway drives with taillights in front and headlights in the back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I also played the scenario Christmas Closures today on GWE in TSW2 and had exactly the same experience as you. Whilst driving towards Ealing Broadway and Acton Yard notches 1 and 2 were different but when driving back, using the loco at the other end, they were exactly the same. The amps for both notches appeared to be that usually associated with notch 2. Previously, whilst driving various timetable services, I had always had these two notches being different.

• Like Like x 2
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies chaps. I didn’t get round to testing this properly so it’s good to see some people having the same issue and finding out that it probably happens on one loco out of two. I did another run and encountered the same issue again but as it was just one way I wouldn’t have noticed it was different in the other cab.

12. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Seems to be intermittent. I had the issue yesterday but other times no problem.

13. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

The "issue" is the ETS, which the rear power car has it automatically set when you spawn hence why the ETS light is lit. When the ETS is set the RPM is raised to that of notch 2, unfortunately I couldn't find a way of distinguishing notch 1 from notch 2 while it was engaged so those two notches act the same. It isn't overly much of an issue given notch 1 is fairly pointless and it only affects a single power car and not the one you drive from. There is also no interlock currently stopping you from having both power cars running ETS which will cause a power draw on both power cars... so don't do it as your performance will be quite noticeable affected.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. sequencer2k16

Interesting, I tried it and played around with the ETS in both locos.
    So it is a real feature of the Class 43 and not a bug?!