PlayStation Throttle Moves Too Slow

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ZeenozPlays, Nov 9, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

On the LIRR M7 and other EMU’s with a single Master Controller like the BR422, the throttle moves too slow when using R1/R2.

This has caused many station overruns. Can you guys please increase the speed in which the throttle controller moves faster?

• Like Like x 1
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

This would be interesting to try out, but to be honest I don't see much problem with the way it is currently. The M7 features a combined traction/brake controller that is smooth instead of having notches. It'll be pretty easy to apply too much power/brakes if the movement speed was to be increased. The way it is right now makes it possible to be more precise.

Btw if you're overruning some stations on the M7, I find it useful to be entering platforms at around 45 mph and putting the traction/brake controller at around 50% brakes, with some minor adjustments here or there. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If it’s moving a bit slow you can always start moving it earlier to compensate (also see note below) but if it moves too quickly there’s nothing you can do to mitigate it. A move from full throttle to full brake takes a (comparatively) long time on one of these controls but nobody should really be driving like that anyway. I’ve found most, if not all, power-brake levers in TSW/2 are well timed as they are.

Note... How quickly the equipment the lever is controlling reacts to your input probably can’t be speeded up anyway. On the German trains you see the target on the power dial move at the same time as the lever input but the actual power takes longer to build up to the amount that relates to that target, so speeding up the lever would make no difference there, other than making the control harder for us to operate with any finesse. I suspect all the trains will behave in a similar way and none will have levers that are slower than the power and braking equipment they are controlling.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'm not overruning stations in the M7, Its the BR422. But in real life, M7 Drivers are able to enter the station at 50 and SMACK the brakes into full service. In the game, nope, you'll have to wait longer for the throttle controller to get there.

5. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Wow, there's me entering stations at 30mph with UK and US stock and 40kmh with German stock.

I'm being far too conservative is seems.