Additional Layers For Southeastern High Speed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bart2day, Nov 9, 2020.

1. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's not too late for this suggestion, but if any of the devs or TrainSimMatt are reading this then please consider adding additional layers for the upcoming Southeastern High Speed route. The roadmap makes clear that this route will come with the Class 395 and 375 but wouldn't it be even better if additional services were added for freight (class 66) and railtours (class 47/45/37 etc).

The Munich-Augsberg route has shown that additional layers can make service mode incredibly involving and realistic by increasing the number of services and the variety of traction on the route. I'd love to see a UK version of this in the Southeastern High Speed route. Freight is a regular, if infrequent, part of this route in real life and there are plenty of railtour services that often run down to Kent and Dover on this line too so it would be an excellent way of making use of locos most people already have in their collection in the form of class 66 for freight and the vintage locos for railtours. We already had a railtour in East Coastway which I though was excellent but it was only one service. I hope to see the at least the same in Southeastern High Speed, ideally with a return service, which unfortunately wasn't there on East Coastway.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Yes! We need more routes with large amounts of services and train traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I believe this should be added in. Although there may be a memory issue on consoles

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Ugh, Damn Memory issues.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

I think and hope there aren't going to be any memory issues, Munchen Hbf is enormous compared to every other station, SHS has smaller stations so I hope all goes well without any memory issues, I'd love to see railtours or freight on that line!

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I hope that there won be any major problems, but what we saw with the Munich Ausburg route, I would not be surprised if there was a problem or two if extra services were added

• Like Like x 1
  7. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Munchen has more than 3000 signals and for me (ps4 PRO) has veeeeery low fps (usually 12-15) with only my ICE and the S-Bahn running (no other ICEs) so with the other services it would have just break itself

• Like Like x 1
  8. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Not very familiar with this route but do the Class 92 locomotives ever work along it?
    This would be a useful locomotive to have as it is dual voltage and would work with any future 25kv route too.