Roadmap Update 10th November 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 10, 2020.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]
    You can read the full update here.

Use this thread for any feedback and discussion you may have.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 26
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It looks like the next new route to be released could be in France.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

PIS coming to LIRR/ECW. Nice :love:

• Like Like x 14
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Good to see LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon with SNCF TGV Duplex in 'upcoming' but according to previous roadmaps it has only been 'in production' for two months. In contrast, Southeastern High Speed London-Faversham has been in production for at least three. Not understanding that at all.

• Like Like x 8
  5. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

Looks like LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon has overtaken Southeastern High Speed. As Southeastern was in production from the first roadmap but LGV went into production later

• Like Like x 5
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Can you expand on what additional fixes are coming to Isle of White?

There are reports now of some trophies, notably the ‘all scenarios’ trophy, failing to unlock on completion.

FAO: Jasper_Rivet

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sadly the 313 seems no closer to release.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

So no mention of the broken cement scenario on the recently released BR363. Given how widely it's been reported in the forum's, I am surprised to see its not been included on the roadmap.

As it appears Sandpatch is next to receive an update, given all the recent discussions about download size, it's strange to see that the out if bounds hard hat collectable is not being fixed at the same time. A fix that I would assume is very quick and easy to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Dash 8 will bring some fixes and improvements to Sandpatch. Nice.

Surprised that the Méditerranée is gonna be looking like the next route in the near future instead of Southeastern. But, I don't care from both of them. I'm right now on board with the Dash 8 Hype

• Like Like x 3
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I wonder how loose a term "in planning" is? We haven't seen any new routes in "in planning" for quite a few roadmaps now, I would have thought they would be well into planning what routes are coming next year. In the past it has oft been stated that routes are planned months before they are released.

Still good to see quite a few fixes on the roadmap. Looking forward to the TGV route, I hope the 313 and South Eastern High Speed are released before Christmas.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

miles platting is not fixed i got a crash there yesterday on xbox one x running in 4k and we don't even have br heavy freight yet.

12. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes i see

• Like Like x 1
  13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I was about to ask the same

• Like Like x 1
  14. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

"Add safety systems to the HUD", does this include PZB for the BR204? I can't get that to work at all

• Like Like x 2
  15. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I would guess South Eastern is more difficult owing to more stations, two locos, two different kinds of signalling as well as both OHLE and third rail traction. Whereas the LGV will be 3/4 stops max? One train and one type of signalling/traction. Not surprised the LGV sails through planning and production quicker.

• Like Like x 7
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You know I’m going to put this on every roadmap article at least until I get an explanation as to why a serious issue isn’t even being investigated...

It’s getting beyond a joke with there being no sun in the sky on PS4 but I suppose nobody else but me cares about it. Surely it should be looked at before adding PIS to old routes, as it affects every daytime run in every native TSW2 route. It is seriously affecting immersion for me on those routes. I’m getting to the point now where I don’t believe it will ever get fixed. Also getting to the point where I won’t bother reporting issues. Also getting to the point of not buying anything else for TSW2.

I’m actually getting rather angry at this. It was reported very early on after release. You’re losing my faith. It’s not just this of course, it’s the state of a few other things on PS4, but this is fundamental in my eyes and should at least be looked at.

Anyone at DTG care to enlighten me on why it isn’t important enough to even be investigated?

EDIT - I asked about this in the live stream and Sam asked Adam to have a look at it. We’ll see what results from that.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

The S bahn shutdown where trains get stuck facing each other on the single line at Koln-Aachen route it's not even addressed, completely ignored.
    They lie when they say about prioritizing issues that make the game unplayable.

• Like Like x 7
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Interesting, looks like LGV will come before SE HS, also interesting the TSG add-ons are not there...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 10
  20. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I'm a little sad that we never got a new route or loco in planning since the very first roadmap. Also, the BR 420 and the Vossloh G6 from TSG have still not been listed although they are in production...

• Like Like x 7
  21. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Imagine being a third party developer and working with DTG...

• Like Like x 4
  22. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

The 313 EMU will make 2 UK locomotives to use in TSW2 and even that is like a "squared off" tube train. Mind you there is only 20 miles of UK track, of which 6 are not even made by DTG
    (not withstanding preserved collection which is technically TSW)

• Like Like x 1
  23. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

excuse my ignorance but what is PIS or what does it stand for?

• Like Like x 1
  24. bart2day

I would be amazed if we get Southeastern High Speed before Christmas now that the French High Speed one has leapfrogged it and will likely be the traditional 'pre-Christmas' route release that we have been getting for a few years. I would expect Southeastern to be around February time now.

• Like Like x 4
  25. bart2day

Passenger Information System/Screens. It's those dot matrix displays at stations and on trains that tell the passengers where a train is going, what stops it will be calling and when its due to arrive.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the tgv , hopefully before Christmas (assuming it goes into the "next arrival " section in 2 weeks time and then hopefully releases the week after...)

• Like Like x 1
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yep, I would expect LGV to come around Christmas and if SE HS is developed alongiside it (which is a possibility given the fact that HS1 and LGV share signalling and safety systems) ,we might get SE HS around mid January, if not as you said February is the most likely date.

No idea about the 313 though... hopefully around christmas as well to celebrate 1 year of ECW? :D

• Like Like x 3
  28. jachonclark21

jachonclark21 New Member

Passenger Information System I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  29. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

the dash 8 moved up

• Like Like x 1
  30. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Dash 8 is too similar to ac4400 for me to justify a tenner

31. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

As predicted, the Dash 8 is coming soon.

Just hope to get at least 2-3 new freight cars with it as well.

• Like Like x 4
  32. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Edited by DTG Natster - Removed as it is inappropriate please update yourself with the forum rules before posting again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  33. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

yeh the fact that french route is ahead of the london-faversham route that has been in production for much longer doesn´t make any sense

• Like Like x 5
  34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

We need some more detailed commentary on the TSG situation tonight. I think it's highly unlikely Maik Goltz who worked with DTG on many sound recordings would just jump into making models with no previous consultation. With many other 3rd party items on the list, why are these missing?

• Like Like x 4
  35. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Thatś a issue that shouldn be happening

• Like Like x 1
  36. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

THAT IS LIT

37. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Christmas Release or before I believe

• Like Like x 3
  38. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I think we get the next arrival items this Thursday or next at the latest and then the next roadmap has TGV in next arrival and SE High Speed in Upcoming, so am still not ruling out SE High Speed before Christmas. Items go into next arrival when they are finished and the marketing department take over, i am sure they will want the UK route out before xmas ;)

As Sam said at the beginning of the roadmap it will take about 3 months for us to really gauge the way items will move through.

There are also items that are brand new in all sections and skipped passing through the earlier sections so the very fast fixes will appear just days before they are released.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

After the Preserved Collection is almost completely released, is good to see that the core game engine is now in focus. It actually runs quite well, but there are still some graphic issues occurring, like the missing sun in the new layered sky maps for console players. Also nice to see that the TGV Duplex will appear soon and we can drive along the Côte d’Azur...and if it's true it would be fantastic: all the Preseved Collection stuff may be available in the Livery Designer! :)

• Like Like x 3
  40. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Is south eastern going to be released on all platforms or only for the new console line or will it include PlayStation and Xbox one?

• Like Like x 1
  41. ZeenozPlays

H
    All Platforms. The new consoles will be able to play it via Backwards Compatibility,

42. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh boy LIRR PIS :D

• Like Like x 3
  43. sophieclarke1983

Many thanks for your help this is reassuring unfortunately couldn’t get my hands on a new console in time so have to make do with my Xbox 1 S digital thanks for your speedy reply very much looking forward to to faversham my 1st dual voltage train route lol love the javelin such a gorgeous train

• Like Like x 1
  44. Alex656

Alex656 Member

The northeast corridor is not included in the preserved collection?

45. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

Probably announcements

46. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It isn't

47. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Many stations have the screens on the platform but in the preserved collection they are all blank. I was looking at the screens in Reading last night, I would guess these will come to life and tell you when the next train is due, but again they seem to be working through these in the same order the preserved collection came over.

• Like Like x 2
  48. sophieclarke1983

Pis is passenger information system a prime example of this the departure boards on bakerloo line displaying train destination platform side

• Like Like x 1
  49. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I know it was mentioned by Nat in my other thread but I would really like to see fixing the Save mechanism get some fairly urgent love. Little point of having a whole day to play through if the first train you drive fouls up when you come back to it later.

Also think they need to get lack of reverb under bridges and tunnels on there along with track sound quality in general.

Can't say I'm too fussed about the French route - another blink and it's over high speed modern run. Maybe they should have done part of the existing line along the Riviera coast or something out of Paris to offer a bit more interest.

• Like Like x 11
  50. ZeenozPlays

Finally, someone else mentions track noise. I feel like I've been the only one saying something about it. Track noise needs a major update across ALL Routes. ESPECIALLY the Bakerloo.

• Like Like x 5