When Will The North Wales Coastal Line Available Separately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slenderman_HKRES, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

So I bought the train simulator UK collection last month and hope I can get the North wales coastal line. However, it is still not available separately on steam. I kinda want to know when it will be available separately on steam and the price of it.

2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

No plans for NWC to be available standalone, it is exclusive to Train Simulator 2018 and will be for as long as TS2018 is available to purchase.

- Jay

3. Rason Jankin

Rason Jankin Member

You can always wait for a sale to pick it up. I was able to get mine through humble bundle for just under $18. I already had all of the other routes and was waiting like you. I think under $18 for the package just to get the route was definitely worth it.

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Besides, even if NWC was a route on its own, it would still be $40. You could either do $40 and get a route that you want plus 2 routes you might want in the future...or you can do what you suggest and only get 1 route for the same $40. I don't care how much you don't want the other 2 routes, saying it is better to spend the same money on less stuff is not going to make a strong argument.

5. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

So, if, end of 2018, TS2019 comes out (if it does), does that mean that there will be no way to get NWC, if TS2018 isn't available anymore?

6. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

There is a sale on Steam until Jan 22nd '18.

TS2018 for £12.49 includes :-

Train Simulator: DB BR 442 'Talent 2' EMU Add-On
    Mittenwaldbahn: Garmisch-Partenkirchen-Innsbruck Route Add-On
    North Wales Coastal Route Add-On
    Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – San Jose Route Add-On

Steam Store Page Here

£12.49 is a typical full price for one short route, with £24.99 being typical for a long route. So even if it's the ONLY route you want out of those included, you are not paying over the odds ........ :)

EDIT: 5 minutes after writing this I received and email from Steam, stating that one of the items on my wishlist in on sale, that being the Mittenwaldbahn: Garmisch-Partenkirchen-Innsbruck Route Add-On @£12.49.

So I need to take my own advice and buy the TS2018 deal, and get all of the above for the same price. After all, I've got the South Wales route already, so why not get this package?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  7. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

I bought the package yesterday after I knew there is a sale going on this weekend, it is a great route. I do recommend it.

8. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

Yup, I bought it too.

It's a bonus as I have also been collecting German routes, so I received one route from my wishlist plus the North Wales route.

9. Stig

Stig New Member

I didn't even know there was a North Wales Coastal line available until I read this thread. I just bought the package and I'm looking forward to playing it :)

10. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

Well... it has been a week after I have bought the TS 2018 pack. I barely touch the America one and the Germany one. :( I have found the signals quite difficult to understand comparing to the UK ones and the ER20 was very very difficult to drive.

11. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

When TS 2019 is released, the route will become standalone and hopefully get a Picture as well in the routes section.

12. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

After getting Rapid Transit for TSW, it sparked my interest in the German PZB/LZB/Sifa systems, something I really never got into in TS20xx.

When the TSW patch before Christmas introduced more faults to the game, I dropped TWS for while an got back into TS20xx and started collecting German routes whenever there was a sale (also I had a couple already).

With all the different signalling systems used from different eras or places (like the old East Germany), it can be really challenging. However you soon get the basics, then the more your drive the routes you become more proficient. I am far from perfect, bur it does keep you on your toes and provide a nice challenge. You still get those moments where you sit there scratching your head, wondering how it went wrong again.

Sods law also says that the Sifa warning will ALWAYS come up at the most inappropriate time i.e when you are busy responding to a PZB speed change or red light. :)

Stick with it, it's quite satisfying to get a clean run.

PS I have little bits of paper all around my computer with drawings of signal arrangements and associated speeds :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  13. 2cme

2cme New Member

Hi Jay, Any plans to extended it to Hollyhead?

14. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

*Holyhead

15. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

That's around 17-18 miles of track, I wonder how much it is going to cost you

16. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

No plans to do so at this time, but who knows what the future holds?

- Jay

17. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

If the extension to Holyhead would be done, would Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch also be featured?

18. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

I think the game would struggle to handle that many characters at one time, maybe if we're ever able to convert it to 64bit ;P

- Jay

19. sumitsingh

sumitsingh Member

This game should be converted to x64.
    This game have much potential than other counterparts.
    Note that TSW can not be compared as both are on different DirectX versions.

20. JFH

JFH Member

You could just use the 'friendly' version of the name, Llanfairpwll. ;-)