PC Poor Sounds On Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by nuno.andradegb, Nov 10, 2020.

1. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

I first noticed this on RUHR-SIEG NORD and today I bought RAPID TRANSIT with the same issue.
    The trains do not make any noise accelerating and it kills the immersion right away! This is such a big thing that I'm surprised it got past the testing phase.
    The talent train on the Koln route makes noise accelerating, while the rapid transit talent is just silent.
    Please fix this or provide me with some feedback on this problem, as I am not prepared to continue spending money until obvious issues like these are solved.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Here is your feedback: it is known, caused by the conversion to the new UE version and on the roadmap in line for improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

One good thing on the live stream tonight was Adam admitting that they really hadn’t taken the time to get the sound right on a lot of the preserved collection (we could tell) but they did specifically for GWE and NTP with obviously better results. He said they are now going to go through all the other trains (and routes) and try to get the sound up to scratch, and keep on trying if they don’t get it quite right at first. How long that will take we don’t know. There are a lot of trains to do.

• Like Like x 3
  4. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I'm expecting this to be a long term and ongoing thing. Especially for non UK routes. But I hope the more serious issues with sounds are adjusted quickly before focusing more on fine tuning. I'm looking forward to the improvements :) really happy with what preserved team have done with GWE.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

My only problem is that it kills the whole immersion. I don't know how this issue got past the testing phase...