PlayStation Dispatcher Not Working Correctly On Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-aachen

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Martin13, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

On Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen all ICE services that run from Aachen to Köln have a DB BR 442 (Talent 2) running ahead on the line. This becomes conflictive when the DB BR 442 arrives at Horrem Bf and, instead of waiting for the ICE that is running close behind to overtake him in order for the ICE to keep going at max speed, the DB BR 442 rejoins the mainline making the ICE have to slow down. As a consequence of having to slow down the ICE will not arrive to Köln on time.

This behaviour is unrealistic as in real life the ICE has priority and the DB BR 442 service would have been held up at Horren Bf by the dispatcher (for 2 minutes or so which is the time it takes for the ICE to overtake the DB BR 442) in order to allow the ICE to keep going at 250 km/h.

Just to give a reference of the delay the DB BR 442 rejoining the mainline creates, the ICE that goes from Aachen to Köln takes almost 5 minutes more than the one that runs from Köln to Aachen due to having to slow down and eventually come to a stop before Köln because of the DB BR 442 running in front of him at a much lower speed.

Please fix this issue as all ICE services from Aachen to Köln are affected by it and it really takes away the magic of the ICE which is being able to go at 250km/h.

If you find this issue annoying too please like and comment so that DTG can see this post and therefore release a fix for this issue.

Thanks for taking the time to read, have a nice day =).

• Like Like x 7
  2. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

this DEFINETLEY needs looking at

• Like Like x 2
  3. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Yes I absolutely agree with that ! Maybe you might submit a ticket to be sure dtg is aware of this ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

If you look at the real timerable you'll see that the RE Talent arrives to Köln Hbf 3 minutes ahead of the ICE, so this behavior is correct and definitely not a dispatcher flaw.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jan_hb

jan_hb New Member

I agree! This is definitely not ideal and it's worth having a look.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I don't think that this is anything they will fix, since this is how it is in real life. I was annoyed by that as well and checked the actual schedule, and the services operate in that way in reality (the RE9 arrives 2 to 3 minutes before the ICE). However, why that seems to work fine in reality but causes a hold-up in TSW I am not sure.
    upload_2020-11-11_12-55-32.png
    I also noticed on HMA that with the ICE, I am always significantly too early, like 5 minutes too early at Augsburg for example. Not sure if the increased traffic volume in reality would cause "natural" delays so this does not happen, or if the trains in TSW are maybe too fast? I.e. speedometer says 230 but we are actually driving maybe 240 or 250?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Real life schedules often have a few minutes added to even out some smaller delays (about 2 or 3 minutes). In a "perfect" service mode you will arrive early on every statrion. In real life, there is always a reason to be "a bit later" or at least not be too early on route (this train in front that did not clear fast enough today, or the signaller who set the path a tad too late and forced you to brake down a bit, a broken switch that made you drive a slower track, that passenger that blocked the doors with his luggage,...). All these small delays are missing ingame, but the times are from real life and have the extra times in.

For the ICE to Köln, the arrival time in TSW is wrong (too early) if you check with real life

8. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I posted this I made the mistake of not looking at the actual timetables but I assumed that as it caused a delay this did not happen in real life. Are you able to complete the ICE service from Aachen to Köln and arrive on time? Because I am always 1 minute late and I don't really lose time anywhere.