Roadmap For Train Simulator !

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WoodlandTracks, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Perhaps the Roadmap is not real content but it is already a huge success in the TSW2 community and this forum seems the right place to post this suggestion !

I would like to suggest a Train Simulator Roadmap.

A bi-weekly update is not needed I think, but a monthly updated Train Simulator Roadmap would be great !

PS: The TSW2 Roadmap is overhere (click me)

• Like Like x 2
  2. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Great idea.

I think that it has been suggested before and didn't seem too popular with the DTG staff on here though.

3. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

It's been stated on the streams that DTG won't be doing a roadmap for TS Classic due to how limited it would be. It'd be leaving out all the third party add-ons and the sorts, so they'd rather not have a roadmap that excludes those. Now, if they had a way of having all the third party add-ons and the sort included, they'd most likely be more then happy and willing to make one. But as it stands, it's been clearly stated they won't be doing one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I couldn't recall the actual reasons given.

However, I can't see why DTG couldn't publish what they are actually doing as far as TS is concerned.

Does it really matter what the third parties are working on? If it's an approved DTG third party, then surely DTG will know what projects they are working on. Doesn't mean they would have to publish the details though.

5. steammaster4449

Sadly I've forgotten which stream it was, but I remember Sam clearly stated it in pretty much the same way I described it. Maybe not as drawn out, but the message was the same.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  6. steammaster4449

1) It would be nice for them to publish what's ahead for TS in regards to what they themselves are making and 2) It honestly does matter what the third parties make. There's a lotta third parties that distribute their products on their own websites, like SteamSoundsSupreme, Caledonia Works, Armstrong Powerhouse, Bossman Games, Searchlight Simulations, Just Trains, and that's just naming the ones I can come up with off of the top of my head. I honestly think it's more of a, "Well we don't want all these third party developers and community contributors to have to always check in with us whenever they make something for the game", rather then a, "Oh we're just being lazy and only making a roadmap for TSW2."

7. Sam might have made more recent statements, but I remembered it differently so I looked it up:

Last week Sam commented roughly: "...not at the moment but it is something that is in discussion . . . as to whether that is helpful . . it is slightly more complicated because obviously there are a ton of developers who work on Train Simulator . . . so it would only ever paint a very small slice of the total picture and as such it might be a bit misleading so we don't . . . that's the discussion that's being held anyway . . so we know it will be appreciated anyway but we'll wait and see exactly what is what"

Below the link to the correct time code.

http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=DMlHKd9ZtqA&t=3805

• Like Like x 2
  8. Elsewhere in these forums DTG posted the following . . . . .

I guess that is a "NO" :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Personally I kind of like the surprise of looking at the Live Article discussions and seeing a new post there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Live articles are mainly about new content. For me the interesting thing about the roadmap of for instance TSW is not the new content from DTG or other parties, but to see what issues / fixes / new features DTG is working on. Of course for TS that list perhaps might have been a bit shorter than the TSW one ;-).

11. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Great Idea! Can be a monthly stream on YouTube & Twitch etc to update us all as well...