Class 45 Flat Out Down The Gwml

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Luke8899, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

With a couple of Class 101s for company!

I've been playing around with GWE in the scenario planner to get around the red light bug affecting services from most platforms, and discovered you can create some busy-ish scenarios on GWE even with the bug not yet fixed.

A train can depart from Reading platform 11 with a clear route through to London on the fast line. And a train can depart from London Paddington Platform 13 with a clear route to Reading along the slow line. If you place some trains on the intermediate slow line platforms they'll run too, I tried the same with the fast line but the trains didn't move, but so long as you keep the path ahead of your train clear you can still put the BR-era diesels through their paces!

This has confirmed GWE as my fav route, though it may be a bit boring and flat, it's really good for just letting the BR era locos run up to speed without having to worry about speed limits.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Thanks for letting us know the paths that work - going to go and try and recreate your scenerio!

• Like Like x 1
  3. jan.niemczyk

jan.niemczyk New Member

I've given this a shot, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Bit dissapointed as I've been waiting for the chance to take a 52 up to a decent speed!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke8899

These are the departure timings in case it helps to replicate it!

Train Sim World 2_20201112222018_edited.jpg Train Sim World 2_20201112222123_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke8899

Oh, that's what I forgot to mention! The London-bound player service (here the 16.30 from Reading platform 11) needs to have an intermediate stop at Ealing Broadway Platform 2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Couldn’t get the Reading departure from p11 with an end marker Paddington to work.

However, when I tried Acton as the end marker it was greens all the way!

Will just have to pretend Paddington is closed for engineering works until the scenario bug is fixed!

Brilliant with 47 and 45 at full speed with a full rake of MK2s hurtling down the fast line.

Just need a soggy cheese sandwich and a warm can of Quattro, and it’s 1985 all over again!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke8899

I think everyone might ene dup with a different solution to making it work until they fix the bug, which I hope is soon, because it's a great playground.

Gave the class 52 a spin this evening. The spluttering from the engine is something else, and I can't wait to get this into the livery editor!

• Like Like x 1
  8. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Thanks for this

I'd previously had no luck with getting a Scenario Designer journey over the whole route. Reading to Paddington worked for me, but couldn't get Paddington P13 to work. However before this revelation I'd been running Paddington P1 to Twyford P1 as I'd seen on Megasim's YouTube channel. Utilising this proven method and a little experimentation I've now run a service from Paddington P1 to Reading WITH an intermediate stop at Twyford P1. I also took a pair of Class 20's out for some thrash (with the Class 47 acting as train loco with NTP stock).

I've played about with pilot locos previously on ECW and TVL with the WSR Mk1's, but the NTP Mk2's provide a long rake of coaches (and trailing weight). From Paddington you need to run the Class 20's light engine beyond the station approach covered by bidirectional signalling then stop wait for the train loco and stock to draw up at the red signal. Then reverse be back onto the train. The lead loco (the one your driving) will still be passed the red signal.
    Train Sim World® 2-cbfa4e2c-9f6a-4666-acd2-077a6ecbf8b9.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Totally agree. This was the Western class 52 stomping ground in the good old days. Please hurry with the fix DTG as we all want it so badly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Thanks very much Luke, explaining how it works, great videos. Which trains go to Paddington and to Reading.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020