France Lgv(high Speed Service)but What About Frieght?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 11, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

If dtg get the lgv service right,then is french frieght possible?I don't know anything about frances rail frieght operations do they have any interesting frieght services like the other countries routes?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  2. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I presume it would be possible, but not on this route. No freight trains run at 320 kmh lol

3. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

I'm not french so I might not be precise, but (looking in the Avignon direction) I remember that freight trains join a few kilometers after Marseille St Charles and they leave where the LGV starts. The line splits and normal trains (freight, long-distance and regional passengers) continue west while TGVs turn towards north-west, so it's a short stretch

4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

If any french frieght route ever comes,it clearly be better if it's gets it's own route,the lgv route not really a good route to just add a french frieght train to.But after looking up some youtube videos on french frieght trains,i notices quite a few of there frieghtcars where the same kind used on the german routes,except for the french electric locos,dtg could recycle many of the german frieghtcars for a french frieght route and we all know how much dtg loooovvvveeeessssss to recycle assets.

5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I am no where familiar with french rails, all I know in regards to freight is the BB7200 loco which looks really interesting. If that thing ever gets added I'm in.