Scenario Planner Auto Ai Generation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mattty May, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not the most patient person in the world so building a scenario to include a decent amount of AI trains (particularly on the opposite track to me) to make the scenario come to life is not something I’m eager to spend time on.

I’d love to be able to click a box that auto-populates the AI.

There could also be sub-options to auto-populate the route with the correct trains for that route e.g. the 377 and 313 on ECW or the 43 and 166 on GWE or to auto-populate the route with off the rail type trains.

This would save a huge amount of time running a scenario from scratch with an enjoyable amount of AI.

In addition to the above, there could be quick select options for adding trains to sidings or additional platforms so that sidings and terminal stations seem alive too.

• Like Like x 7
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

At this point it would be better to develop a system to allow you to choose any rolling stock for any timetable service

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I agree with the original poster - an easy way to auto populate AI trains would be appreciated. Those that wanted to do things the current way would still have that ability, those of us that just wanted to get to driving could do that also. Win/win, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Maxboy444

Maxboy444 Member

You can already do that. Just create a scenario or select a current one and click edit scenario details. After that, select Off-rails option or something like that and click done. When you create a new route and get to choose the train, there should be all of the trains you own, including Preserved Collection.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Any rolling stock for any timetable service not for your own scenario

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maxboy444

Maxboy444 Member

Ah, okay.