Where’s North East Corridor ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by justinjoel210, Nov 12, 2020.

1. justinjoel210

justinjoel210 New Member

I just read that the preserve collection is done but yall left out NEC or North East Corridor Ny. Please bring this back as well too TSW2 pr are yall planning on doing that one as well ?

2. justinjoel210

justinjoel210 New Member

I didnt see it in the roadmap at all?

3. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Nec is not coming over to tsw2. it was a early build with some experimental features which did not work and its too much work to make it compatible with tsw2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They said NEC isn't coming over ages ago, because it would have to be rebuilt from scratch

• Like Like x 2
  5. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think they’re likely to rebuild it though. Every stream they have somebody always asks for it. And there’s a bunch of threads on the forums about the route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

Maybe. Not going to guess at a possible future as that's normally fruitless

7. jeremydunn8

Fair enough, wouldn’t want to jinx it.

But there is something to be said about the economic benefits of doing a route that everyone requests. I definitely think they’ll have to at least do an Amtrak route.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They could rebuild it but I don’t think they will. It wasn’t a particularly good route and the only thing going for it is that they obviously have all the research done. I don’t think those who already have it in TSW would relish having to pay for it again either, so it would be a financial and reputation risk to them to consider it. Sales would be low, resentment would be high. I could be wrong but one thing is certain, they are not going to rebuild it for everyone for free.

9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We have no plans to bring the NEC over as part of the preserved collection. We understand it is a popular route however in it's current condition on TSW2020 there are some aspects that worked well and some things we tried that didn't.

To bring the route over to TSW2 now would require a complete rework of the route to make it compatible.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. jeremydunn8

Let me clarify that I wasn’t trying to suggest the same route section being brought over. If you check the forums, there’s threads suggesting more sections. But the corridor as a whole has been requested a lot. Also, I heard somewhere that this would be the first train simulator not to include the NEC if it wasn’t brought to the game in whatever form.

To those working at DTG, please note that most of us don’t want the preserved route, we want a different one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Various suggestions have been made for sections of the NEC. Something out of Boston would be good, for instance. Anyway, I'm confident we will get an Amtrak route at some point since DTG has a license. It would be an instant purchase for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

There would be the overwhelmingly huge benefit that everyone can uninstall TSW 2020 if all old content moves over to TSW 2, because that would make lots of free space for more TSW 2 content. Otherwise people are keeping the whole base TSW 2020 game just for 1 route that didn't carry over.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ARuscoe

That's a choice for end users to make, and would only affect a porting of the user base, specifically those who wanted to play one defunct route.
    I imagine the percentage outside of the US would be smaller than that within