Completed Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Nov 12, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I really like having the ability to come into a terminal station, shut down the cab, go to the other end, and set it back up to go back the other way. You can't do this with most of the routes in the game, as the trains enter "portals" at the end of the route.

I think it would be nice to have the routes in the game be completed, you can actually have this ability. That means, having the trains go to their REAL terminal station.

Example: After stopping at Hicksville on LIRR, you'll be instructed to leave the train and another operator would 'take over' the service from there. IRL, this sometimes happens, where operators will change shifts, however, it doesn't happen all the time. You should be able to continue driving up to Ronkonkoma.

• Like Like x 6
  2. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I hope this is done with the new TGV route coming soon. Otherwise the scenarios would just be point A to B and back, with different weather, which would be no different than doing timetable services. My worry though, with what you said, is that it would require route extensions in that case, which DTG doesn't seem to be very fond of doing in the future.

3. BlackTabby

BlackTabby Active Member

YES! This is a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I always find it strange that in quite a few trains sims, (including this one,) they have you ended at a station which you wouldn't normally do.

For instance, the North Trans Pennines isn't too bad with the Manchester - Huddersfield - Leeds stoppers, because they are end to end, but then you have the services from Newcastle to Liverpool which you're only doing a very small section. Maybe DTG could look into trying to do terminal to terminal more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Actually all of the routes have some kind of terminating service or turn back requirement. For some routes you have to know where to start and end in order to get the opportunity to turn the train around.

Heavy Haul/Sand Patch Grade - Coal loading movements in and out of the Shaw Mine facility allow for shut downs and turn backs.
    Great Western Express - All inbound passenger trains terminate and turn back at Paddington.
    Rapid Transit - Southbound services turn back at Leipzig-Connewitz, and Markkleeberg Gaschwitz.
    North East Corridor - If you own the Amtrack SW1000R DLC then the added cab car services turn back at NY Penn toward New Jersey.
    West Somerset Railway - Complete route with no locomotives using a portal.
    Ruhr-Seig Nord - Passenger services turn back at Hagen.
    Long Island Rail Road - Trains turn back at NY Penn, Atlantic Terminal, Long Island City, and Hempstead.
    Northern Trans Pennine - Many Class 101 services turn back at Manchester Victoria, Huddersfield, and Leeds.
    Main-Spessart Bahn - Some services turn back at Aschaffenburg, Heigenbruken, and Gemunden.
    Tees Valley Line - Services turn back at Darlington, Middlesbrough, Lackenby steelworks and Saltburn.
    Peninsula Corridor - Complete route with only a few passenger services a day using a portal beyond San Jose.
    Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Eastbound DB BR 442 services turn back at Wuppertal, Wuppertal-Oberbarmen, and Hagen.
    East Coastway - Trains turn back at Brighton, Seaford, and Eastbourne.
    Koln-Aachen - DB BR 442 and DB BR 422 services turn back at Duren and Aachen.
    Backerloo Line - Complete route with no locomotives using a portal.
    Isle of Wight - Complete route with no locomotives using a portal.
    Munchen-Augsburg - Services turn back at Munich (at least - not familiar with the route otherwise).
    LGV Mediterranee - Services will turn back at Marseille.
    South Eastern High Speed: Services will turn back at London St Pancras (at least - not familiar with the route otherwise).

I don't know/Other:
    Haupstrecke Rhein-Ruhr - I'm unfamiliar with the route.
    Oakville Subdivision - It's a route specifically centred around yard movements. Some services deliver freight and then pick up freight to travel in the direction they came.

6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I agree with the suggestion.

Instead of ending the service at the end of the passenger load/unload loop, the service could end with walking to a certain location on the station, similar to some scenarios. That way a person could finish of any tasks he wants to (like setting destination boards / tail lights / master key) for the return journey, before ending the service. Since walking to a certain location would be a pretty easy task, those of us who just like to finish without any extra hassle can do so, but those of us who like to do lots of stuff, can do whatever they want and finish the timetable service whenever they want to.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Some services terminate at Faversham too, several go into a siding and others go to the depot after terminating

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s a good list. Enough to keep terminus lovers happy for quite some time. Seems there are a lot more terminus stations in the game than people realise. Having routes with the big terminus stations they mean at both ends isn’t going to happen as that means routes much longer than is reasonably possible in a train simulator of this kind.

9. alan.bwayo

alan.bwayo New Member

Definitely agree there!

10. alan.bwayo

alan.bwayo New Member

True, but we like full routes better. Also, we don't get to drive to LIC with the LIRR.

11. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

We do. There is 2 scenarios (and possibly a couple of services) that go via Hunterspoint and LIC.