Euro Fishing Waldsee Catfish After The Update

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Candles, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Candles

Candles Member

Has anyone caught either of the boss catfish or any 40+ lb catfish since the update. After 10 hours on the lake after the update, I’ve caught TWO total catfish. One weighed 17lbs and the other weighed 30lbs. Normally, I’d have plenty of huge catfish, yet nothing, let alone any catfish after the update.

I’m really concerned considering I’m doing nothing different than usual and I’ve caught nothing but boss carp which I struggled with before. I’ve gotten all the 40+ lb carp since the update, but nothing for catfish. Considering Boris was fixed, this would be catastrophic if the catfish are impossible to catch now :(

Hopefully someone has some better luck and it’s not glitched.

2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I haven't had any boss Cat, but I have had a couple 50+lbs & 60+lbs non boss Cat fish on Waldsee. I caught all of them on 18-20mm bollies. I would avoid Tiger Nuts, they don't seem to be working, well for me at least.

As for Boss, I am really struggling getting boss carp. All I seem to catch boss wise are Bream & Tench. The game feels very unbalanced and gone 10 steps backwards, its not even fun for me anymore thanks to Bream & Tench never leaving me alone no matter what bait or hooks I use!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Candles

Candles Member

Yeah, I agree, the balance is way off right now. I get a lot of tench as well and an occasional bream. Good to hear with the catfish though, I was really worried the big ones died or something. Hopefully the boss surface soon though! I guess I just had unusually bad luck getting catfish, which I normally hate while going for carp boss, but it was nice knowing when I got pulled it was a huge carp! I’ve had really good luck with the carp, I just need Woody, Boris, and Boots. I’m pretty sure I’ve been using the pop up 20mm Tiger, so I guess it’s hit or miss. Thanks for the info though and if anyone catches the boss catfish, mostly Kolsch (not sure if that’s the right spelling) I’d appreciate where/when/with what it was caught. Thanks!

4. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

I have had Felix and 5 or so between the 35 & 55 lbs post patch. Sure there are less Catfish bites than before which is absolutely the right way to go as there was just too many cats biting before this latest patch on Waldsee. Catfish are a pain to catch IRL even more so if you are talking the big ones I was hooking every 5 fish pre patch (and no that is no exaggeration).

If this is a decision to go in this direction and not a glitch/mistake in the code then I for one applaud the decision, and one of the few times Dovetail are pulling in the right direction for this games future.

Just to note I am talking specifically about the Catfish bite rate here. The 4lbs Tench & Bream biting on 20mm baits on size 4 hooks is not right and should be addressed.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  5. ignoringfosters

ignoringfosters Active Member

ive had felix today so they are still there good luck

6. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

***start sarcasm towards DTG*** Have you tried 12 hook with bloodworm ? I hear it works great now for big cats. ***end sarcasm***

• Like Like x 2
  7. SPACE ODDITY

I had Kolsch this morning, so looks like both Cat Boss are catchable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. anthony91919191

anthony91919191 Member

Hi space oddity , what bait and hook.line and pegdid you use , thanks ..

9. SPACE ODDITY

I was using 25lb line, Hinge Rig 4, Pop up Tiger Nuts 20mm, and was on Peg 19.

Waldsee - Map.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ignoringfosters

another hotspot is peg 4 aiming towards island about 45 deg left 43 yrds weed patch

11. smaugey

smaugey Member

Caught Kolsch twice in my session earlier, with a few 45 ibs catchfish too using tiger nuts 20mm :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPACE ODDITY

I have tried your spot, and you are correct about it being a boss spot. I've caught a few bosses there over the last 2 days. I have added and updated spot to map, thanks buddy.

13. ignoringfosters

defo a weed orientated lake