Peninsula Corridor Save Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Driver8666, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Has anyone noticed that if you save a scenario playing this, exit out and then come back in, the next stop overlay does not show? Is this a bug or is DTG working to fix this?

2. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I fell foul of the broken 'resume saved game' at LIRR during the scenario where you have to split a train into three sections.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2020
  3. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Saving during scenarios is buggy. When you re-load the game, it often breaks making it impossible to complete.

Avoid saving and reloading scenarios at all costs :)

4. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Yeah, this is something that should be fixed across the board. Now I have to play for 2 hours. If it was Train Sim World 2020, I could split them at Redwood City, since that's roughly an hour. Express and limited stop trains I play right through. Covering all the stops, it's about 2 hours.

5. alanseamans1

alanseamans1 New Member

Funny you should bring that up, since the exact thing happened to me last night. I’ve also had various other bugs/glitches occurring because of saving. For instance, on Sand Patch Ice & Snow scenario, it stops creating snowy scenery shortly after you load the saved version. Another funny glitch is it replaces your conductor with a different person than you started with! There are other bugs with saving so I’ve learned to try not to if at all possible.

6. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I ran through an "all stops" scenario on the Peninsula Corridor and I clocked it at 1:45. Nice easy way to get 25,000 points. I wish DTG can fix this if it's universal. Sitting down for 45 minutes, saving it at Redwood City (halfway) is better than driving it the whole way.

I have not done Sand Patch since the glitch for Powering America happened. I've been bouncing from that to LIRR (which does not have the Saved Game issue), to Peninsula Corridor. Next I might redo the GP9 on the Oakville Sub, and then say what they missed (it's right in my backyard, because I live here). The problem on that was the GP9's under load would just drop. There is also another bug in with signal plates marked with an R, you can pass without dispatcher's permission as noted in the CROR (Canadian Rail Operating Rules), but DTG treats it as a SPAD, which if you went by the rules, doesn't count as one. They need to fix that so it's in line with the rules.

Another thing about Sand Patch is dynamic braking on the GP38-2 and SD40-2 plus the AC4400CW is wrong. The engine is not supposed to rev up. In actual practice, the engine sits in idle and you hear a very high pitched whine when you are using the dynamic braking. Also, the AC4400 allows for dynamic braking to zero speed. Not like this in the game.

Also, I'd rather have independent control of the helpers when using a AC4400 on the rear.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020