PlayStation Last Nights Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Nov 14, 2020.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

During last nights stream somebody asked about the missing time table on GWR. Both Sam and Natalie said they didn’t know anything about it which I find quite unbelievable. There are many posts on here and on the Facebook Groups about this some with instructions on how to get them which works and has no effect on gameplay.

Just want to know why these extra services are not appearing and if it will be fixed as the instructions to get them have to be used every time you start the game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Sam also said, when he realised what they were on about, that they should not be there. And not to complain about them not being in there automatically or we might lose them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The missing timetable for consoles, I think you're referring to was never intended for console. GWE was released in 2018, a time where Console versions were being introduced and DTG were very careful not to add too much of a memory demand on them. Since then the building process has got better and systems are more memory efficient, which is why we have busier newer routes.
    I dont know if it was DTG giving us a glimpse of a full timetable via journey mode or by pure accident. Im glad its there though. Unless DTG revisit GWE as they did for SPG for TSW2 I cant see and wouldn't expect this to change.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well he certainly did not say that last night. He didn’t know what the questioner was talking about and actually asked if he was referring to the livery designer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Theres a few things that might have thrown Sam and Nat off.
    1. GWE shorter consist was a thing on console brought in 2 years ago.
    2. It dosent get mentioned much, as we can get the additional features via the journey mode back door.
    3.For PC users there is a left over dev build featuring FGW blue HST and 166. This isnt supported by DTG officially, but clever people have kept it available by updating mod files for TSW2. This has led to lots of people asking why they cant have it officially. The reason is GWE is licenced with GWR not FGW so can never be sold as such.
    DTG have give us these useful nuggets on PC on console "by accident". If we want to keep them. The best course of action imo is to keep quiet about it. Take what we have. I too want to see a better GWE, but yeah lets see what DTG do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenwigg

Oh sorry, What is it he is referring to in the video around about 40:36 in please do you think?

7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

PC version. A dev build was found in the Steam database during the TSw20 days. It was FGW and GWR green with livery options. The release build took the FGW blue out due to licensing. PC modders have managed to preserve the original dev build and offer it as a mod for TSW2.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  8. Lenwigg

Thank you very much. It was a genuine question by the way as I thought last night he was on about the console work around. Thought I miss heard so had another quick look and still thought the same lol. Thanks again for the info

9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im not sure Sam would be up on this. With the current mantra being same features on all platforms. I suspect the question may have been read as a bug report in regard to extra console services, rather than a hidden feature that a Matt P would be aware of.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The reduced timetable isn’t the only difference with the console version of GWE. There is the drastically reduced number of AI trains in scenarios. I don’t know if the same cheat to enable the full timetable also enables the full scenario AI because I haven’t tried it. I think the reason it won’t change is the vast amount of play testing that would need to be done on a new build of the route on consoles to ensure it all works. Anecdotal evidence that it isn’t a problem isn’t enough.

And now is not the time to be upsetting the apple cart by taking chances on whether something works on consoles as there are enough examples of content that falls far below the standard expected by the players and (I suspect) demanded by the console manufacturers. Sam sort of alluded to something along those lines in the stream when someone asked about added functionality for the new generation of consoles, citing problems that were not technical in nature preventing that happening at the moment.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

West World has more Ai. I dont think its the same level as PC. Aggregate industries is console version both times.

12. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Tried this last night, the work around does not unlock any extra AI in the scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hightower

hightower Guest

This was the case for TSW2020 and involved a hack to get it (with potential consequences). This isn’t the case for TSW as the FGW liveries have been included in the release build, albeit locked. It’s those that the clever modders have accessed and made available.

14. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Yup and he added that if someone finds something then that someone should keep it as a secret as otherwise there will be fix coming.
    Something tells me that they may fix this soon. Just like with Haubptstrecke München-Augsburg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lenwigg

Glad I am not the only one that thought that was what he was on about.

• Like Like x 1