Class 37 In Preserved Collection Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Nov 14, 2020.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Can I ask the $64k question, please?

Have they updated the 37 sounds so it actually sounds like a Syphon rather than a Kia Sportage and eliminated that irritating little sound loop that was also audible in cab view? This is pretty much key to me deciding whether or not to add the route pack into my TSW2 collection.

2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

It was so long ago I bought Darlington-Saltburn Vern. I stopped playing TSW for months until I bought TSW2 this week - I cant remember what it originally sounded like. From the short test I did (until the wiper failed in the rain) it sounded ok, inside and out except for the rough idle type sound when in low throttle - Have a look on Youtube for videos posted since it was ported over to TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. OldVern

Thanks Steve. In the TSW(1) it had hardly any perceptible 37 thrash noise at all, more like a subdued Paxman, or as I jokingly suggested a Kia! Guess I can always try and refund again, if unsatisfactory.

4. OldVern

Update - well just found a clip and it looks like they fixed the sound. On the list it goes...

• Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

Yep, good stuff. Can confirm the 37 now sounds as it should - thanks to the "Preservation" team for fixing what was a fairly fundamental error in the TSW1 iteration.

Looking forward to giving it a run over the Pennines in NTP, once I get my head around the scenario editor.

• Like Like x 2