Miles Platting

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jasonpfc, Nov 12, 2020.

1. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

So the fix has been released, ive been testing the known crash services ( that i know of ) on both the xbox one S and the series S, so my findings.

Xbox one S

I ran the 09.21 express service, to manchester, ran smoothly to just outside park station, was rendering became quite jumpy, but i made it to manchester, FPS dropped massively, i did wonder if i was going to make it, this was also the same situation on the 15.24 stopped service on the 101.

Xbox series S

Ran the exact same 2 services, i done nothing different, got to miles platting and it just played with ease, i had a good 53fps going through miles platting station, even heading into victoria station fps was still above 50fps.

So to me, i think next gen console would happily manage any ongoing DLC.

This post is only meant to be feedback for the dovetail team.

Jason.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. jasonpfc

Ran another service known to crash.

12.21 express service from leeds to manchester

On the xbox one s, this did crash in the usuall area, just leaving the station, weather was set to clear.

Ran the same service on the series S.
    Flew through miles hitch free, i have a few more to test, illl add to this post once done.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. tornado

tornado New Member

Nice to hear that the next Gen Consoles show an improvement on the number of Miles Platting crashes. I will change when I can actualy order one. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jasonpfc

Ive still a couple more to test, if you can think of any more, fell free to let me know.

5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The Miles Platting crashes only happened after the Heavy Freight Pack was released. As that hasn't been released yet, I'm not sure these tests confirm anything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jasonpfc

I believed this to be true, but how does that explain on the 12.21(second comment) that its crashed on normal one s, but is fine on the newer series S

7. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Just to throw in a curve ball into the mix, I've never had the miles platting crash ever, I've got a xbox one x, bought everything for the game from the dashboard and have the game on a separate hard drive, its never crashed from day one when it was the founders edition.

8. jasonpfc

Always had the S versions, had tsw since founders edition, i dont know what it was the caused the crashes, im just happy i no longer have it happen

9. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Miles Platting has been "fixed" a couple of times according to DTG but until heavy freight pack is released we won't know if it is finally solved. Why do you think the heavy freight pack has been held back?
    Its clear that if you have xbox x it wasn't a problem but for those of us with xbox s it has been a nightmare. Can't wait for the final DLC to see whether the crashes have been solved!