Cab Ride Gare De Lyon To Marseille

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maverick_ng, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Here's a video where you can see all details on the Avignon- Marseille route. Signalling and electrificaton change. (Specially when arriving at Marseille it changes from 25KV AC LGV to 1,5KV DC)
    Valence TGV station around the 30 min mark
    Avignon onwards from around the hour mark.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Actually looks like a not-too-bad stretch of line. Quite curvy, and I see what the article meant about the gradients now, it looks like a rollercoaster at points. I am feeling the urge to buy quite strongly just to how unforgiving those gradients will be in off the rails mode. It seems that Marseille will feel a bit dead without all that other rolling stock though, which is a shame, I hope they can reuse the model for another route out of Marseille!

The train sounds absolutely awful though, thank god it is not a duplex, which I hope sounds less whiny than that.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The Duplex locomotives are based on the Réseau so it does the same sound ( for the 200 series only like in the artwork ) but the windy noise is because of the old age of the Réseau TGV )

4. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I wonder if the devs are going to put in different voltages for the pantographs that the TGV uses? It’ll make gameplay more interesting.