Route Extensions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Nov 2, 2020.

1. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I wonder what the update consists of for the LIRR route. I thought that once the Preserved Collection route gets ported to TSW, no updates occur. It is interesting to hear that the route is receiving updates. It makes me wonder with the tools that the devs use, if they can extend preserved collection routes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Costpap

Costpap Member

Wouldn’t say that. The LIRR could easily have the Port Washington branch added. There already are services for that branch — they go from Penn Station to Woodside, then continue into the Port Washington branch until the scenery ends. I’d guess that it’s simply a matter of adding the branch and extending the existing services to Port Washington, there’s no need for any new services, therefore no need for any new trains.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I suppose it’s possible with the next gen but still unlikely as I see it.
    That’s true.

• Like Like x 1
  4. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I'd say the same could apply for an extension to Ronkonkoma since the service on the main line indicates Ronkonkoma, but ends at Hicksville. There is potential too for the Oyster Bay branch since the existing trackage in the route almost goes to East Williston.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I think the TSW marshalling yard is dead and there is silence. I think there should be many passenger or cargo marshalling in the marshalling yard to appear real and vivid. DTG can make full use of the extra space of the marshalling station. Movement is based on the real world.
    Route extensions should be planned instead of new routes of 30-40 miles each time. I am tired of DTG's short routes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree. No new services would need to be added if they actually extended routes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

If the LIRR gets extended, then if possible I would like to see the NY&A added in for some freight traffic along the route where possible.
    NY&A_EMD_MP15AC_159.jpg

8. Costpap

Costpap Member

While the same can be said, I think that if an extension was to happen, the Port Washington branch would be most likely to happen. It's of smaller length, and doesn't extend as far out as Ronkonkoma. In addition to that, compared to the already existing services, I really don't see any purpose for the current Port Washington services, as they only go from Penn Station - Woodside, while Penn Station - Ronkonkoma services make up the bulk of services on the route. Personally, I'd rather see the Port Washington services become actually useful, because as it currently stands, I think that they could be removed in favor of more trains on the main line.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I rather that extension first and also make it at least 8 to 12 cars not 6.

10. tallboy7648

I agree. 6 car trains dont run on tbe port Washington branch in real life. 8,10 and 12 car trains do

11. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

There’s potential for the Oyster bay Branch but that means they’ll need to add the dual mode diesel locomotive to the lirr route in order for the Oyster bay Branch to be added.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

They should've been a spawn on foot job (like the Eastbourne-Hampden services on ECW)

13. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

But, the loophole for the services works and even on the old thickboi Xbox one, I had no noticable framerate difference

14. tallboy7648

Yes they would have too add that train

15. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Oh i vote for this, i think many have