Rail Fan Tv - Gwe

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Nov 14, 2020.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Last weeks episode showing off GWE highlighted the major differences between PC and console versions of the game. The vast majority of TSW players are on consoles yet every week Railfan TV is on PC - there was a brief PS4 episode a few weeks back. It should be 90% console and 10% PC which reflects more the split of game ownership too.
    Sam expressed surprise when it was pointed out console players had to do the "Greenford workaround" to get the 330 services. The most annoying part was the large number of trucks in sidings throughout the line which makes the route more interesting visually, but thats only on PC there is nothing on consoles. Its unrealistic to see miles of empty sidings and before the usual DTG line about frame rate/layers how come on Tees Valley and Trans Pennine there are loads of trucks, locos in sidings?
    Finally its clear that the PC version is far better than the console version of the game so you would expect it to cheaper as a result or have more discounts - but the opposite is the case with a steam sale virtually every week and virtually nothing on xbox. There are regular sales on xbox but very rarely is TSW featured.
    Its time for DTG to give its majority of console game owners the respect we deserve and not to be treated as 2nd class passengers!

• Like Like x 7
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Batten down the hatches folks, this thread is going to get bumpy i feel.......

• Like Like x 2
  3. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

100% agree with you

• Like Like x 2
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Completely agree. I've said for a while that TSW on console is an inferior product to that on PC and unless parity is provided this discrepancy should be reflected in the pricing of content (console users often ends up paying MORE because of a lack of preorder discount). There is also so much inconsistency in the DLC itself. How come Northern Trans-Pennine can handle 12 coach postal trains on console but without the workaround on Great Western Express, HST sets are reduced to 2+6. Not to mention the NTP sidings are filled with quite a bit of empty stock whereas GWE's sidings are empty. It makes no sense.

DTG should also stream a lot more on console than they do right now. They had a few console streams back around the launch time of TSW2 so its obviously possible but they won't do it because they want to show off their product in the best light. The console version does not do that because it's inferior. Why haven't they streamed from their next-gen console dev kits which they claim to have had for months? Why is the shadow draw distance and textures not actively being worked on for said new consoles because it's atrocious on the current gen? Why haven't they promised a stream on the next gen kits so we can all see how it performs? So many questions and so much silence. It does often feel that consoles are second class users.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

They definitely should do more console streams. Especially since the next generation of consoles launched last week. They should take advantage of the new consoles, since they have better hardware to handle more A.I. Traffic.

• Like Like x 3
  6. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

In agreement with everything said so far as well

• Like Like x 2
  7. friskey.marcedes

DTG's defence awaited...isn't about time that the preserved collection crew focus on improving the console experience? I also get the impression that the majority of DTG only use their high powered PC's and have no idea what the console expereince is like. Sam even scoffed the other day about trying to use the xbox controller...on PC not even on console.
    The only slight problem is that we still need to see PC gaming as it highlights the differences between the two versions.
    How about some youtubers highlighting PC and console versions on split screen?

• Like Like x 1
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

GWE is a busier route so compromises have to be made. I notice whenever I go by sidings with parked trains, it causes hitches and frame rate drops. If there's not enough free memory, the game could crash to the home screen, which is no fun for the player.

So until we get considerably more players on Series X, we will have to wait for various technical settings to be turned up. Right now the focus is on memory optimisation because TSW2 is a game for PS4 and Xbox One consoles.

9. friskey.marcedes

I hear what you say but surely this should be number 1 priority for DTG to sort out as the majority of its customers are console players and we are getting a 2nd class game compared with PC users. DTG seem proud of 3000 red lights in Munich station and detailed trees but the most interesting part is seeing other trains passing or in sidings. If you look at Tees Valley and Oakville subdivision there are loads of trains, trucks throughout the line.
    We all love the game and its the most expensive game I have ever bought including the DLCs but with the latest new super duper TSW2 and a totally unreal engine(?!) we all deserve better. I would even go far to say scrap the roadmap and get the game basics sorted so as a minimum console get the same game as PC users.

• Like Like x 2
  10. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I had a wry smile a few months ago when the Class 20 DLC was launched and Matt P was waxing lyrical about how the animation on the hot plate took it to 'factor 10'. Features like this have limited amusement value (it's not something you'd use every time you play)? There are more important elements to work on which would add to the "immersion".

• Like Like x 2
  11. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

EH? What are you on, GWE ran fine on the BIGBOI old Xbox one. No hitching