PlayStation Db Br 185.5 At Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-aachen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Northlander, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Just wanted to check that what I'm seeing is correct (with the new TSW 2 physics)

Started the service DB 83132 - Westbound Intermodals, Set the loco up as per usual, but I'm finding it takes an absolute AGE to start to move (cannot remember this in TSW2020) So is this due to the weight of the train coupled with the new adhesion mechanics? At first I thought there was a bug or I had a brake on, but apparently not as the loco does finally start to move after quite a delay.

So is this as intended?

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think that the intermodal cars are bugged. Instead of having their brakes just fully applied, they have been fully applied + overcharge. But if they released for you in the end without overcharging the brakes, then my theory is wrong. Could you provide some more details as to what exactly you did?

3. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

It can be that the brakes take a long time to release. Hold the brake overcharge button (right hand side of desk) for 10 seconds or so and the train should start to move.

4. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Sure thing....Starting in the cab, note the following
    BP = 3.3 (Brake Pressure?)
    BC = 3.6 (Brake Cylinder?)
    EQ = 4.4 (Equaliser???)
    MR = 9.7 (Main Reservoir?)

Set PZB to On
    Set Sifa to On
    Reverser to Forward (you can hear the brakes release)
    BP = 5.0
    BC = 0.0
    EQ = 5.0
    MR = 10.0 (but this slowly drops to 8.9, then you hear it recharge, then starts dropping again - rinse and repeat)

AFB to On
    BP = 4.5
    BC = 3.3
    EQ = 4.5
    MR = 8.8

AFB to 40kph
    BP = 5.1
    BC = 0.0
    EQ = 5.0
    MR = 10.0 (but this slowly drops to 8.9, then you hear it recharge, then starts dropping again - rinse and repeat)

Throttle to Max and wait....after what feels like an eternity, the loco slowly starts to roll forward....OR SO I THOUGHT!!!

However upon further testing, it appears that was just a fluke as I've tried the above numerous times and it's hit and miss if it actually works 100%, some I'm out of ideas

5. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I think you might be correct....just tried this and even after holding the button, nothing instantly happened, but after about 2-3 minutes the train started to roll! I'm guessing too that due to the sheer length of this consist, this is another factor in the delay in the brakes releasing, there's a lot of air to move out of the system

6. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Matt has mentioned this in a stream before. You can hold it down for 20 seconds which will usually always get a long train moving

• Like Like x 1
  7. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Yeah, I can understand the reasons why, I think these Intermodals are the longest I've seen in TSW

8. indominus123456789

indominus123456789 Member

Time to jump on SPG and drive an intermodal train.

• Like Like x 2