Arosa Route(switzerland)circular Viaduct Bridge?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 13, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

In Switzerland theres a circular viaduct bridge that allow trains to quickly change elevation while going down or up it,anyone know if this feature might be found on the arosa line?

• Like Like x 1
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

A thing exists called Google, you could easily find out for yourself........

3. SHINO BAZ

I just can bring myself to say it,no comment.

4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

The route already exists on the old TS if I remember correctly, maybe you can find a video of someone driving the route and you will see. Personally I just don't know, though there are some sharp winding turns on the line according to google maps.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Jamie’s first stream as CM was the Arosa Line with Sam driving the route in TS. I watched it but don’t remember whether there was a loop like the one on the Bernina line, which is the one the OP is probably referring to.

6. SHINO BAZ

So i guess on google maps you can get close enough to accurately identity rail lines clearly?

7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I really don't know. I went on maps and made it display the travel route via train from Arosa to Chur. Why don't you just try it, it is free...

8. SHINO BAZ

Litziruti is a small town about 3/4 the way from chur,but on one of the route maps there some track that almost circles back on itself before continuing on away from litziruti,i can't find picture so i'm not what this represent trackwise,may or may not be a viaduut bridge.

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's not at the Arosa line, which does not make the Arosa line less beautiful, fortunately.

10. SHINO BAZ

I wasn't commenting on the lines beauty,i'm very aware of the breath taking panaramic veiw of the swiss alps and incredible lush green hills and valleys of Switzerland seen along it's rail line,but the viaduct elevation change circular bridge is what i'm asking about.

11. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

As far as I know, the Gotthardbahn has a couple of these loops.

12. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Screenshot_Bernina Line_46.25330-10.12753_12-54-13.jpg
    The one you are talking about Shino Baz is on the Bernina Line and is called Brusio Spiral Viaduct. This can be found on the Train Simulator Bernina Line Route.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SHINO BAZ

Now,if i'm remembering it correctly i recall an old tv show showing the glacier express using this viaduct bridge.i also remember that st moritz was final stop for the glacier express after going over the alps.But i can't remember where the train started it's trip yet.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  14. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Glacier Express runs from Zermatt to St Moritz. In TS it uses the Surselva and Abula lines - it used to split at/near Chur with halves going to Davos via Klosters and St Moritz via Abula. The Express over the Brusio is the Bernina Express, it uses similar Panoramic stock. It would not surprise me if the TV show used footage of the wrong train as in the past both Glacier and Bernina had red based liveries. It's relatively recent (2007ish) that the Glacier has had a dedicated white livery.