PlayStation Eta For Extra Layers On Hma ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OnlyMe1909, Nov 16, 2020.

1. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching the live streams lately. Has there been any word on the streams about when we can expect the extra layers on HMA? It's been a while, we need some more variety on that route in stead of just the ICE and 423

• Like Like x 4
  2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

sadly - no :(

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It will probably be quite some time and it isn’t 100% that it will definitely happen. It all depends on whether they can solve the issues that are preventing them for being there now. It might be safest to assume for now that they are never coming in their entirety. It may be a case that only one extra layer can be activated at once or worst case scenario the route stays as it is indefinitely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

I would like the S4 that doesn't add much, replaced by a Regio, which mean that all the stations could be used, but I don't suppose that could ever be an option in the short term.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Never. Well, not soon so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon (soon as in next three months)

6. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I reckon it might be a couple of more roadmap updates (or rather, a few months maybe?) until we see some news on this. This specific issue has been under the [In Planning] tab for a few weeks now, so there's a bit of uncertainty if it'll even be addressed.
    HMA as it is right now without additional layers, is just fine. But we console players shouldn't have to wait this long to be able have the full experience despite paying the same price as PC players.

• Like Like x 3
  7. kennyjamesscott

I do agree. I did play it last week and... When I switch services I usually stay in game and hat to wait long for another train to come.
    It's pretty much like Schnellfahrstrecke without extra layers only not performing as good.
    I hope the layers come as soon as possible thou.

• Like Like x 4
  8. eltt007

eltt007 Member

It would be nice to have them already, it doesn't feel the same way to play now. And it makes me boring, playing Schnellfahrstrecke Köln and those in Munich could have been included

9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I have taken the assumption that it's not going to happen anytime soon so I didn't pick it up. I am much more interested in the high speed UK route that is coming up anyway in truth, I'll probably also skip the french route that jumped ahead in the roadmap

• Like Like x 5
  10. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I agree with you, I'm not going to get HMA until the extra layers and performance issues are addressed, but when or if that happens is anyone's guess.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I'm with you TinTin. I'm very excited for the upcoming British high speed route and am holding out for that over buying Munich-Augsburg or the TGV one. I hope it's not too far away from being released.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

just a small correction München to Augsburg*

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I would imagination the optimisations which DTG have said would be done will be not far off, maybe as a winter update before Christmas. Sam said in one of the launch streams for Munich-Augsburg that, and I quote, 'we need to get this optimisation work done fairly swiftly, because if we don't it basically means we can't release any more routes'. Whether that optimisation work is effective enough to get all the layers back on HMA, we'll have to wait and see.

14. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Since it looks like the extra layers aren't coming anytime soon and the performance issues on the PS4 version don't look like they're gonna be ironed out anytime soon, I'll be holding off on HMA as well. Maybe I'll wait until the BR 420 comes out. I'm really looking forward to Southeastern High Speed, looks interesting. Definitely more interesting than the TGV Route.

• Like Like x 4
  15. kennyjamesscott

With SEHS I hope they make the whole King's Cross. Would make creating future routes out of London a bit easier. Plus it's one hell of a station with absolutely gorgeous architecture.

I go for both routes thou. Mostly for the sake of variety but I don't expect I will play LGV much as German content has completely taken over. At the same time, with SEHS coming out, I will surely touch GWE and ECW more as well.
    It will be great to have a new route in UK and I'm glad it is modern. Thou I wouldn't mind if we had to wait for it longer as I want them to get it right and I want to be able to enjoy it like I have enjoyed SKA, ECW, LIRR and most German stuff (HRR and RRO are still my favorites).

May I add that ECW is simply magical and so is SKA.
    In my opinion, ECW is the best route DTG has made alongside RRO and HRR. They are short but in terms of looks and capturing the area... Beautiful.